Illegal brothels thriving across SydneyMay 18th, 2009 - 4:12 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, May 18 (ANI): Illegal brothels are thriving across Sydney owing to the Government’s failure in driving the business out of the city.
According to reports, “tough” new laws have failed to stop unprotected sex, slavery, and corruption.
Illegal brothels and escort services are said to have surpassed the number of licensed establishments by four to one, and the gap is still growing.
The Adult Business Association estimates the number of illegal sex services in Sydney have exceeded 400.
“It’s out of control,” the Daily Telegraph quoted the association’s spokesman, Chris Seage, as saying.
“These brothels are unlicensed, unregulated, unhealthy and downright dangerous for the workers and clients.
“They have become havens for tax and welfare fraudsters, peddlers of unsafe sex practices, sex slaves and illegal immigrants,” Seage added.
The owners of established, legitimate brothels echo the same.
Lee Cameron, the operator of Le Petite Aroma, at Chatswood, said that she was aware of two brothels offering unprotected sex.
Cameron claimed that one North Shore brothel “flew workers in” from India and Malaysia specifically for unprotected sex, referred to as “special service”.
“The clients want it and at this place they pay a premium and they get it from these girls who shouldn’t be working on their tourist visas,” she added. (ANI)
- It's official! Sydney is the sex capital of Australia - Nov 12, 2010
- Queensland sex industry largely illegitimate despite legal brothels - Aug 17, 2009
- Canadian prostitution laws struck down - Sep 29, 2010
- Online dating sites hurting Australian sex industry - Nov 21, 2009
- French minister seeks end of prostitution in Europe - Jun 23, 2012
- Couple jailed for 7yrs for holding five Thai women as sex slaves - Dec 18, 2010
- Women put up for sale to stop female trafficking in Tel Aviv - Oct 22, 2010
- Illegal brothels sprouting across Australia - Nov 15, 2010
- Report says students being recruited in Victoria's Asian-dominated prostitution racket - Jan 21, 2010
- Abandoned US brothel to become museum - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Shanghai high-rise apartment building fire could have been completely avoided' - Nov 18, 2010
- NZ becoming a hot bed for Asian sex workers - Jul 12, 2010
- Asian women on student visas join sex trade Down Under - Sep 01, 2010
- Australian court upholds sex slave convictions - Aug 28, 2008
- Shanghai to crack down on sex determination clinics - Feb 25, 2012
Tags: adult business, brothel, brothels, business association, daily telegraph, escort services, gap, havens, illegal immigrants, illegal sex, new laws, petite aroma, seage, sex services, sex slavery, sex slaves, sydney melbourne, tourist visas, unprotected sex, unsafe sex practices