IGNOU opens admissions to courses on GandhiJune 25th, 2012 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 25 (IANS) Graduate students wanting to study Mahatma Gandhi in post graduation can apply for admissions to three courses at the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
The university has opened admissions to Master of Arts in Gandhi and Peace Studies (MAGPS), Post Graduate Diploma in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGDGPS) and Post Graduate Certificate in Gandhi and Peace Studies (PGCGPS), the university said.
The courses aim at providing an in-depth knowledge of the ideas of Gandhi on social, economic, political and environmental issues besides peace studies and conflict resolution, a statement said.
The courses would be especially relevant for students who wish to pursue economic, social, gender, political, environmental and sustainable development issues.
The minimum eligibility to all the three courses is graduation in any discipline. While the fee for MA course is Rs.7,300, it is Rs.3,000 and Rs.1,500 for diploma and certificate courses respectively.
The deadline for submission of applications is July 30.
- July 30 last date for admission to IGNOU programmes - Jul 24, 2012
- IGNOU announces admissions for 2011 session - Oct 20, 2010
- IGNOU starts admissions for information security courses - Jun 18, 2012
- IGNOU online course on sustainable science - Jun 19, 2012
- IGNOU launches five new courses on gender and development - Jun 21, 2011
- IGNOU invites applications for online agriculture programme - May 04, 2012
- IGNOU announces admission for July courses - May 17, 2012
- IGNOU opens admission for paediatric nutrition courses - Aug 16, 2012
- IGNOU centre at Tihar gets quality certificate - Dec 09, 2010
- IGNOU announces admissions for 2012 session - Nov 17, 2011
- IGNOU opens admission to tourism courses - Jul 16, 2012
- IGNOU launches programmes in Chinese - Jul 07, 2011
- IGNOU centres to be more disabled-friendly - Feb 22, 2012
- IGNOU launches diploma in women and gender studies - May 10, 2012
- IGNOU starts four new courses - May 09, 2010
Tags: certificate courses, conflict resolution, depth knowledge, discipline, environmental issues, graduate students, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, mahatma gandhi, minimum eligibility, national open university, New Delhi, peace studies, post graduate certificate, post graduate diploma, post graduation, rs 1, submission, sustainable development issues