IGNOU collaborates on Unique Identification Numbers projectOctober 28th, 2010 - 12:13 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, OCt 27 (IANS) The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Wednesday entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIADI) for implementation of the Unique Identification Numbers (UID) project.
According to the MoU, IGNOU will collaborate with the UIADI in conduction proof of concept (POC) studies, the university will also be a pilot to test the working of the technology and process of enrolment into the UID database and subsequently full roll-out of the UID project.
“The UID numbers will be linked to IGNOU’s students data-base. So, it will provide the facility of ‘Anytime, Anywhere, Anyhow learning. IGNOU is also planning to use this platform not just to cover rural populace, but also to distribute the benefits of education to its learners,” a university release said.
The release also said that IGNOU will do all that is necessary and required in order to effectively complete the POCs and pilots, and follow the criteria and process for appointment of enrolling agencies prescribed by the UIADI.
The MOU was signed between UIADI chairman Nandan Nilekani and IGNOU vice-chancellor V.N. Rajasekharan Pillai.
- IGNOU to empower the less privileged - Aug 05, 2011
- Over 2.8 crore unique identity numbers issued - Aug 24, 2011
- Corporation Bank signs MoU with UIDAI - Aug 05, 2010
- UID to facilitate healthcare services: Nilekani - Dec 01, 2011
- IGNOU to offer courses in warehousing, accounting - Aug 10, 2011
- Unique ID project set to meet target: Nilekani - Jun 17, 2011
- Cyber expert fears misuse of UID numbers - Aug 12, 2011
- Unique ID project launched in Orissa - May 10, 2011
- Delhi to sign pact for early unique identification numbers - May 31, 2010
- LIC inks MoU with UIDAI to deliver identity numbers - Jun 09, 2010
- IGNOU to offer courses on traditional knowledge systems - Jul 12, 2011
- UBI signs MoU with Unique Identification Authority - Aug 13, 2010
- Draft bill on UIDAI to be ready within a month: Nandan Nilekani - May 12, 2010
- Post offices to distribute unique ID number - Feb 04, 2011
- One crore Indians get their unique ID number - Jun 30, 2011
Tags: appointment, conduction, data base, ignou, implementation, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, learners, memorandum of understanding, mou, national open university, New Delhi, pillai, pilot, poc, pocs, populace, proof of concept, uid numbers, vice chancellor