If only Batman could’ve saved victims: Tweet on US killingJuly 20th, 2012 - 6:27 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, July 20 (IANS) People promptly took to Twitter to express shock and outrage over the killing of 14 people who were watching the new Batman movie “The Dark Knight Rises” in Denver, with some wondering what the world was coming to and one hoping if only Batman could’ve come out of the screen and saved the victims.
The trending topic #theatershooting# saw many tweeting about the incident in which a gunman wearing a gas mask opened fire and set off a type of smoke or tear gas bomb at the Century Theater in Aurora Mall outside Denver.
ripJordanDC tweeted: “If only Batman could’ve came out the screen & saved the victims”.
Denverpost.com tracked tweets in a separate section.
“What a senseless act,” tweeted ashpriom.
Asked _DebbieDebs “What has the world come to?”
“We live in troubled days. May God be with all those who lost friends and family,” tweeted an anguished DSMullinax/
Val_KatyCat was clearly unhappy with the gun culture when she tweeted: “And still they authorize people to carry a gun –’”
“@_Snape_: Sometimes, this world can truly be a horrifying place. They just wanted to see a movie. #TheaterShooting” thats crazy!,” wrote in miller2v.
- 14 shot dead as they saw Batman film in US theatre (Third Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- It sounded like firecrackers, says witness to US killing - Jul 20, 2012
- Batman Christian Bale was in Aurora town visiting the shooting victims - Jul 25, 2012
- 10 killed in US cinema shooting (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Deadly Denver shooting at Batman premiere kills 12 (Night Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- YouTube footage shows panic over US theatre killings - Jul 20, 2012
- Obama to visit victims of Batman movie shooting - Jul 22, 2012
- 14 killed, 50 wounded at Batman showing in US (Fourth Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Christopher Nolan condemns theatre shooting - Jul 21, 2012
- Shooter at Batman premiere: I was 'the Joker' - Jul 21, 2012
- 14 shot dead at US theatre screening Batman film (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Batman movie premiere turns deadly in Denver, 12 dead (Fifth Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 20, 2012
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' shootout disturbing: Big B - Jul 21, 2012
- Academic failure triggered US cinema shooting: Prosecutors - Aug 26, 2012
- Colorado shooting suspect makes first court appearance - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: amp, aurora mall, batman, friends and family, gas bomb, gas mask, god, gun culture, gunman, new batman movie, new batman movie the dark knight, outrage, senseless act, shock, tear gas, thats crazy