Ice cream maker jets in Italian tenor to sing to cows to get creamier milk!May 16th, 2009 - 4:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 16 (ANI): Ice cream maker Frank Frederick has jetted in an Italian opera tenor to serenade his herd of cows, hoping they will produce creamier milk.
Frederick, who is re-launching a 100-year-old brand based on an old family recipe, flew in renowned tenor Marcello Bedoni to Lancashire to create a merry environment for the animals.
“My grandfather always sang to the cows before milking and in our quest to recreate the gelato my brother and I enjoyed as children, we are sticking faithfully to his recipe,” the Telegraph quoted Frederick as saying.
“The cows will enjoy the recital and this will be reflected in the quality of the milk they produce for us. The passion of the music will be reflected in the product.
“We also plan to stage opera performances within the Antonio Federici factory this summer for our work force so that everyone enjoys the benefits of this wonderful music,” he added.
Hayley Campbell-Gibbons, Dairy Adviser to the NFU said: “Soothing sounds or music can reduce stress and induce relaxation and a healthy, contented cow is likely to produce more milk and anything that enhances that can only be a good thing.”
Bedoni added: “I am looking forward to the concerts - the cows are such gentle beasts and have a good ear for opera. I have put together a special repertoire for my audience including soothing arias and Napolitan songs. I am steering clear of rousing numbers like Wagner and Carmina Burana!” (ANI)
- Gold Coast farm claims it produces Australia's only non-violent milk - Nov 23, 2010
- I like milking cows: Hendricks - Sep 11, 2011
- UAE to make camel milk ice-cream - Mar 19, 2012
- Now, genetically modified cows that produce 'human' breast milk! - Apr 03, 2011
- GM cows produce 'human' breast milk - Apr 03, 2011
- Organic milk ad making waves in cyberspace - Nov 16, 2010
- China cows produce milk like human breast milk - Jun 16, 2011
- Chinese director to stage opera for London Olympics - Mar 01, 2012
- Ice cream ad showing priests in 'seductive' pose banned - Oct 27, 2010
- GM 'human' milk 'to hit Chinese shelves in 2yrs' - Mar 22, 2011
- A glass of milk could contain painkillers, antibiotics - Jul 07, 2011
- Cloudy future for humanised cow's milk - Apr 06, 2011
- Genetically modified dairy products in Chinese markets soon - Mar 22, 2011
- Hare Krishna sect cows' 'ahimsa' milk amidst mantras is UK's costliest! - Nov 06, 2010
- 'X Factor' theme tune named UK's most widely-heard classical track - Dec 29, 2009
Tags: arias, beasts, carmina burana, cows before milking, family recipe, federici, gibbons, good ear, hayley, herd of cows, italian opera, italian tenor, marcello, napolitan songs, nfu, opera performances, opera tenor, serenade, soothing sounds, wonderful music