‘I would rather die than stop preaching against Islam’: Pastor JonesApril 5th, 2011 - 5:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 5(ANI): Firebrand American pastor Terry Jones, who has sparked off riots in Afghanistan, has said he would die than stop preaching against Islam.
Jones said his right to speak out was more important than the lives of those who had died during the unrest in Afghanistan.
When asked if he was willing to die for his cause, Jones said: “Yes, we are, very definitely. That’s how important we feel about it.”
“Perhaps in the long run, we may save hundreds or thousands (of lives),” he added.
He also stressed that he would continue his campaign against Muslims even though every single one of his 30 parishioners had deserted him.
The 59-year-old further admitted that he now carries a gun because of the over 300 death threats he has received and the 2.4 million dollar bounty put on his head by the Taliban, the Daily Mail reports.
Seven UN workers and at least 13 others in Afghanistan were killed over the weekend when an anti-Jones mob attacked their compound in Mazar-e Sharif.
The mob was furious after Jones burned a copy of the Koran at his Dove Outreach Centre in Florida on March 20. (ANI)
- Moscow condemns attack on UN office in Afghanistan - Apr 02, 2011
- US pastor who burned Koran says violent attack in Afghanistan 'proves his point' about Islam - Apr 02, 2011
- Crusade against Muslims costs 'Ground Zero' Koran-burning pastor his flock - Nov 17, 2010
- Afghan President asks US Congress to condemn Quran burning - Apr 04, 2011
- Afghan insurgent believed to be ringleader of attack on U.N. Office over Koran burning issue - Apr 02, 2011
- Koran burning could amount to another Abu Ghraib: Petraeus - Sep 09, 2010
- Confusion over mosque status following pastor's plan to put burning Quran on 9/11 "on hold" - Sep 10, 2010
- Koran burning is an 'outrageous' act: Vatican - Sep 09, 2010
- Pakistan condemns Quran burning in US - May 03, 2012
- 'Religious sentiments lead to massive violence in Afghanistan over Koran burning issue' - Apr 03, 2011
- 9/11 Koran burning pastor accused of using supporters as unpaid labour - Sep 09, 2010
- Koran burning plans "one hundred" percent called off - Sep 11, 2010
- Taliban stirring violence in Afghanistan: Senior police officials - Apr 10, 2011
- Quran burning would be a recruitment bonanza for Al Qaeda: Obama (Lead) - Sep 09, 2010
- US Koran-burning pastor says will fight all moves to bar him from UK - Dec 13, 2010