‘I was an animal in the bedroom’, says Tony BlairSeptember 2nd, 2010 - 5:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 2 (ANI): Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has revealed in his book that he was an animal in the bedroom.
When John Smith died on May 12, 1994, triggering the Labour leadership battle with Gordon Brown, it was clearly an emotional time for Blair and his wife.
“That night she cradled me in her arms and soothed me; told me what I needed to be told; strengthened me; made me feel that what I was about to do was right… On that night of the 12th May, 1994, I needed that love Cherie gave me, selfishly,” The Sun quoted him as writing in his memoirs.
“I devoured it to give me strength, I was an animal following my instinct, knowing I would need every of emotional power and resilience to cope with what lay ahead. I was exhilarated, afraid and determined in roughly equal quantities,” he added.
Blair revealed another bizarre obsession - with toilets.
The former PM writes that he likes to have “time and comfort in the loo”.
Wife Cherie revealed Tony proposed after she cleaned a toilet on holiday in Tuscany in 1979.
“I was cleaning the bathroom. I’d cleaned the toilet and he announced, while I was on my knees, that we should get married. It was terribly romantic,” she said.
Blair writes candidly about illicit affairs of the politicians, showing unusual insight for a man with a spotless reputation on that front.
“Politicians live with pressure. They have to be immensely controlled to get anywhere… And your free-bird instincts want to spring you from that prison of self-control. Then there is that moment of encounter, so exciting, so naughty, so lacking in self-control,” he wrote. (ANI)
- Tony Blair's memoirs 'A Journey' nominated for Bad Sex Award! - Oct 15, 2010
- Tony Blair calls off book bash over protest threat - Sep 09, 2010
- Tony Blair branded 'tiger' over sex revelations - Sep 09, 2010
- 'Cherie allowed to wear pendant to cope with number 10' - Jan 15, 2011
- Scan reveals what brain looks like when you are angry - Jun 19, 2012
- Cherie had an 'incredible instinct' for offending people, says Tony Blair - Sep 02, 2010
- Tony Blair says Princess Diana was a manipulator like him - Sep 01, 2010
- Cherie Blair wore pendant to 'ward off evil spirits, cope with life at No 10' - Jan 16, 2011
- Tony still excites me in all possible ways, says wife Cherie Blair - Mar 18, 2011
- Bush once 'heard the echo of Winston Churchill in Blair's voice' - Nov 07, 2010
- Watching favourite TV shows' rerun could boost mind - Sep 08, 2012
- Eating wisely calls for self-control: Study - Sep 12, 2012
- Tony Blair 'loved to drink while travelling' - Nov 29, 2010
- Religion gives people more self-control - Jan 25, 2012
- Bush first bonded with Blair over comedy film, 'Meet the Parents' - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: emotional power, emotional time, free bird, gordon brown, holiday in tuscany, illicit affairs, instinct, instincts, john smith, labour leadership, memoirs, minister tony blair, obsession, prime minister tony blair, resilience, self control, spotless reputation, toilets, tony blair, wife cherie