I know the people who brought Osama to Pakistan: BenazirNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:55 am ICT by admin
“I also know the people who destabilised my government and tried to marginalise democratic forces in Pakistan,” Bhutto added.
In an interview with a private television channel, Bhutto said that moderate forces should unite against extremism in the country.
She said if the growing extremism was not checked, then democratic processes in Pakistan could be affected.
“Every second day, there is a blast that takes the lives of innocent people. So, we have to fight against these elements to save the country from extremists,” she said.
Bhutto said that she didn’t want to risk the lives of people travelling with her, but if she didn’t travel and campaign, the militants and their sponsors would succeed in stopping the democratic process.
The law and order in the NWFP was worsening as the militants, once confined to the tribal areas, were expanding into settled areas, the Daily Times quoted Bhutto, as saying.
Bhutto urged President Pervez Musharraf to seek the support of the US and UK in tracking down the militants behind attacks in the NWFP using the latest scientific methods.
She also demanded an independent inquiry into the Karachi carnage, saying scientific help should be sought to track the perpetrators. (ANI)
- Inquiry into why Pakistan intelligence couldn't track Osama - May 03, 2011
- Terror on celluloid: Documentaries, movies tracking Osama - May 02, 2011
- Pak military says it was not forewarned about US strike on Bin Laden - May 03, 2011
- Confusion persists on Pakistan role in Osama killing (Second Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Osama assault wasn't joint operation, admits Zardari - May 03, 2011
- Pakistan embassy in US receiving continuous threats since Bin Laden's death: Haqqani - May 05, 2011
- Zardari asks world to help Pakistan's democracy - Nov 19, 2011
- Britain must stand by Pakistan despite doubts: Cameron - May 04, 2011
- Pakistan provided information on Osama courier, claims governor - May 05, 2011
- US would have captured Osama alive if possible: White House - May 03, 2011
- Bilawal says he can defuse US-Pakistan tension - Jun 04, 2012
- Osama ordered suicide squads against Obama, Nato commander - May 04, 2012
- 'US sees bin-Laden's killing a chance to end Afghan war' - May 04, 2011
- Telling bin Laden that jihad against West was a total failure shocked and upset him: Ex-Libyan jihad - Dec 28, 2010
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
Tags: benazir, bhutto, carnage, democratic forces, democratic processes, extremism, law and order, militants, nwfp, osama bin laden, pakistan, president pervez musharraf, private television, scientific methods, settled areas, soviet occupation, t travel, television channel, tribal areas, urged president