‘I am considered a weak Muslim’, says MusharrafNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:49 am ICT by admin
Musharraf was speaking after launching the Satpara Dam and powerhouse, which on completion will provide 17 MW of electricity to the Skardu valley.
Musharraf said that the government had accepted most of the 52 demands forwarded by people of the Northern Areas. They would now be able to plan, prepare and pass their own budget and implement their own development schemes.
Musharraf also said that due to operational readiness, a high standard of training and morale of Pakistani troops, the country’s defence had become impregnable.
“Our strong armed forces equipped with the latest conventional and non-conventional weapons are a guarantee for peace,” he told troops here.
Musharraf spoke on various other measures being taken for the welfare of the armed forces.
“By the grace of God, we are now a nation with a strong economy and are moving ahead,” the Daily Times quoted Musharraf, as saying.
Commenting on internal security, Musharraf said: “The real threat to stability in Pakistan was internal and a handful of extremists were out to disrupt the law and order.” (ANI)
- No terror attack can damage Bhakra, says dam builder - Jul 21, 2011
- Seminary asks Muslims to avoid ostentation on Mawlid - Feb 03, 2012
- 200-year-old Ka'aba shroud goes on display in UAE - Aug 07, 2011
- 'Hate Story' - riveting, bold tale of woman's revenge (IANS Movie Review) - Apr 20, 2012
- US reiterates opposition to Iran-Pakistan pipeline - Sep 16, 2011
- Ahmadiyya community condemns terror in name of Islam - Dec 28, 2010
- US gives aid for hydroelectric dams in Pakistan - Aug 20, 2011
- Saudi villagers prayed in wrong direction for 10 years - Jul 29, 2010
- Pakistan-Multiple Crises (Part II) - Jan 06, 2011
- Indian Army ramps up joint exercises with foreign militaries - Sep 29, 2011
- New Mullaperiyar Dam will be a reality: Chandy - Jan 04, 2012
- Mullaperiyar dam talks shift to Delhi - Dec 01, 2011
- A peep into Pakistan, specially for Indians (IANS Book Review) - Dec 06, 2011
- Pakistani clerics condemn use of religion for terrorism - May 21, 2012
- Demilitarise Siachen, says Nawaz Sharif - Apr 18, 2012
Tags: armed forces, conventional weapons, development schemes, extremists, grace of god, handful, high standard, holy kaaba, internal security, law and order, musharraf, muslim, mw, northern areas, operational readiness, pakistani troops, powerhouse, seven times, skardu