Hypnosis leaves ex smoker addicted to snacks!December 19th, 2008 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 19 (ANI): A 43-year-old Brit was left fuming after a hypnotist helped him kick the butt - but left him hooked on Scampi Fries.
Darren Corbett, from Keighley, West Yorks is now eating 20 packets of the fishy snacks every day.
Corbett insists that his new habit costs twice the money he used to spend on cigarettes.
“I don”t know which is the lesser of two evils,” the Daily Star quoted Corbett as saying.
“I used to chain-smoke and knew I had to quit. Since undergoing the hypnosis I haven”t even thought about having a fag. But I”m eating my way through a factory full of Scampi Fries,” he added.
Corbett is now heading back to the hypnotist David Knight to rid him off the addiction.
“I don”t know what it is about them. They have a great taste, but they really whiff and I”m spending 11 quid a day on them!” said Corbett.
“For ages I”ve been saying I would do anything to quit smoking but this might be pushing it. When my mates nip outside the pub for a smoke I sit inside munching. It’’s madness,”” he added.
David said: “Darren is particularly susceptible to hypnotic suggestion so I am not surprised giving up smoking was a success.
“But the next time I see him I can perhaps put in his mind that he should choose something a little more healthy to satisfy his cravings - maybe an apple or tomato,” he added. (ANI)
- Trainee hypnotist accidentally puts himself in trance using mirror! - Jan 06, 2010
- Hypnotist to cast a spell on UK via Twitter, Facebook! - Dec 30, 2009
- Psychologists prove existence of hypnotic state - Oct 30, 2011
- Dunst uses hypnotherapy to stop smoking - Aug 04, 2011
- How could you be youth role model, daughter asks SRK - Feb 09, 2012
- Colin Farrell is done with smoking - Jul 15, 2011
- UK chip shop owner serves up deep-fried creme eggs for Easter - Apr 11, 2011
- Mel Gibson turns hypnotist - Jun 23, 2010
- Mel Gibson's Unpaid Bills May Cost Him $200,000 - Jun 26, 2010
- Meet the Brit woman who has been eating only crisps for the last 10yrs! - Jul 02, 2010
- Ryan Phillippe love for burgers - Mar 20, 2011
- Sir Michael Caine says Tony Curtis ordered him to quit smoking - Oct 01, 2010
- Kelly Brook consults hypnotist - Nov 16, 2010
- Fried food is my weakness, says Gwyneth Paltrow - Dec 15, 2010
- Stephen Fry 'may quit Twitter over sex comments' - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: brit, chain smoke, corbett, cravings, daily star, david knight, fag, giving up smoking, great taste, hypnosis, hypnotic suggestion, hypnotist, keighley, lesser of two, lesser of two evils, nip, scampi fries, smoker, west yorks, whiff