‘Hunks’ Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt top women’s wish-listSeptember 12th, 2010 - 2:57 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Sep 12 (ANI): A new study has revealed that characteristics women desire for in men are sex appeal, physical attractiveness and masculinity, along with shared similar interests, beliefs and values.
D&M Research conducted the national study of 2800 women.
Derek Jones, of D&M Research, which did the study, said the intention of the survey was to unearth qualities women find attractive in a man, but won’t admit to.
‘Women rarely nominate physical attraction when asked what they want in a male partner but clearly it is important to them even if they are not necessarily that open about it,’ the Sydney Morning Herald quoted men as saying.
‘I don’t think that suggests women are vacuous and just interested in hunks.
‘The key attributes they will always want in a male partner are a sense of humour, compatibility and a loving and caring nature. But, clearly, it doesn’t hurt if the guy is good-looking as well,” he said.
Jones also asked his study participants to name the most appealing high-profile men.
Hugh Jackman topped the list followed by actors Johnny Depp, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, sportsmen Roger Federer and Glenn McGrath and comedians Rove McManus and Hamish Blake.
Women named their top five turn-offs as: dishonesty, anger, chauvinism, poor hygiene and rudeness.
The men who rated lowest in the appeal stakes were Tiger Woods, Shane Warne, Brendan Fevola, Sam Newman and Kyle Sandilands.
The results of the study were presented at the Australian Marketing and Social Research Society conference. (ANI)
- Attractive people have higher IQs: Study - Jan 17, 2011
- People with sense of humour more attractive - Aug 06, 2012
- Pizza Home Delivery Man Catches Robber In Glasgow - Nov 10, 2010
- Study reveals that 'Modern Men Prefer Brains to Looks' - Sep 10, 2012
- Are good-looking people likelier to get jobs? - Nov 28, 2010
- Women find deep, low male voice appealing - Sep 13, 2011
- Why girls find bad boys sexier? - May 26, 2011
- 'Persistence pays in wooing women' - Dec 15, 2011
- Women in red a real turn off for men - Apr 17, 2012
- Women prefer macho men, says study - Aug 01, 2010
- Men like wet kisses while women want to keep them long! - Feb 12, 2011
- Men not risk-averse in front of kids - Apr 18, 2012
- Feminine looks in men more likely to be hit with women - Apr 25, 2011
- Women are attracted to tall men - May 19, 2011
- Women's prejudice linked to their biology - Jun 23, 2011
Tags: australian marketing, brendan fevola, derek jones, george clooney, glenn mcgrath, hamish blake, hugh jackman, johnny depp, male partner, physical attraction, physical attractiveness, poor hygiene, roger federer, rove mcmanus, sam newman, sense of humour, shane warne, study participants, sydney morning herald, tiger woods