Hungry kid eats own hairMarch 3rd, 2012 - 8:04 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 3 (IANS) A three-year-old boy kept in a “cell” by his cruel parents was so hungry he ripped out and ate his own hair, the Daily Mail reported Saturday.
Mother Lisa Brooks, 25, and stepfather Tomas Lewis, 22, were jailed Saturday for locking their child in a tiny bare room with no lights or heating.
A court heard that the boy was “hours away from death” - suffering from starvation and dehydration when he was rescued and taken to hospital.
He was discovered just three weeks before Christmas 2010 at Trevethin, near Pontypool, South Wales, after a social worker received anonymous tip-offs.
The boy has since been adopted by a foster family and shows no signs of psychological damage.
- Step-father arrested for torturing three-year-old - Feb 25, 2012
- Man jailed for hanging daughter upside down - Jul 25, 2012
- Brit oldest dad for twins has 13th child at 72 but still wants more kids - Feb 28, 2011
- Peter Andre upset with daughter's straightened hair - Feb 02, 2011
- Wild mushrooms kill three - May 29, 2011
- Horror as washing machine rips off toddler's arm - Oct 13, 2011
- Battered Rajasthan boy given security - Feb 26, 2012
- 'Fasting detoxifies the body, but don't overdo' - Aug 07, 2012
- Kelly Brook bares all for Paris-based mag Exhibition - Feb 15, 2011
- Boy burnt with cigarettes, beaten, clawed by stepfather - Feb 24, 2012
- Hurricane Tomas Strengthens, Becomes Category 2 - Oct 31, 2010
- US cop finds starving, caged 6-yr-old eating her own flesh to live - May 04, 2011
- Lopez reveals twins' nickname - Feb 15, 2012
- Two US kids die after mother locks them in cupboard for ten hours - Sep 23, 2010
- Crocodile eats up girl, 10, in Indonesia - Jan 22, 2012
Tags: anonymous tip, christmas, cruel parents, daily mail, dehydration, hungry kid, lisa brooks, london march, mother lisa, pontypool, psychological damage, signs, social worker, south wales, starvation, stepfather, suffering from, tip offs, trevethin, weeks before christmas