Human remains found in packages mailed to Canada schoolsJune 6th, 2012 - 3:30 pm ICT by IANS
Vancouver, June 6 (IANS) Human remains were discovered in separate packages mailed to two schools in this Canadian city Tuesday afternoon, police said.
It remains unclear if the packages are related to the dismemberment of a Montreal Chinese student, reported Xinhua.
Warren Lemcke, deputy chief of the Investigation Division of the Vancouver Police Department, said the first package containing what appeared to be a human hand was opened by a staff member at False Creek Elementary School shortly after 1 p.m. Tuesday.
Another package containing what appeared to be a human foot was found by staff members at St. George’s School later Tuesday afternoon.
“The remains will be examined by the coroner and there is no indication of an identity at this stage in the investigation,” he said.
“The investigation will centre on identifying the victim and from where the packages were mailed. Investigators will liaise with any outside police agencies as required,” he said.
He said it is not clear if the packages are connected to the killing of Montreal university student Jun Lin.
Lin was allegedly killed and dismembered by Canadian porn actor Luka Rocco Magnotta in Montreal in late May. Magnotta mailed the body parts to two of Canada’s top political parties before fleeing to Europe, and was arrested by police in Berlin Monday.
- Human foot and hand mailed to Vancouver schools - Jun 06, 2012
- Canada launches hunt for man who mailed body parts - May 31, 2012
- Canadian killer warned British tabloid in email sent from Holland - Jun 02, 2012
- Canadian gay porn star held in Germany for murder - Jun 04, 2012
- Luke Magnotta had 70 Facebook pages - Jun 08, 2012
- Porn actor Luka Rocca Magnotta is a prime suspect in Canadian body parts case - May 31, 2012
- Woman's head found in Canada park - Aug 17, 2012
- Indian Canadian wanted in 1999 slaying arrested in US - Aug 24, 2011
- Obama denounces Sikh Gurudwara shooting - Aug 06, 2012
- 250 Afghan students believed poisoned - May 15, 2012
- Canada outraged over security exemption for niqab-wearing women - Aug 02, 2010
- Niqab becoming a flash point in Canada - Mar 23, 2010
- Bomb scare at RIA Novosti office - Sep 15, 2011
- Quebec man on 11-yr walk around the world arrives in Vancouver - Feb 02, 2011
- More arrests possible in Air India bombing case: Canadian police - Mar 08, 2011
Tags: body parts, canada schools, chinese student, coroner, deputy chief, dismemberment, human foot, investigation division, lin lin, magnotta, montreal university, police agencies, political parties, porn actor, rocco, st george, staff member, tuesday afternoon, vancouver police department, xinhua