Human race will ’split into two different species in 100,000 years, says evolutionary scientistNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:57 am ICT by admin
The alarming prediction comes from evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry from the London School of Economics, who says that the human race will have reached its physical peak by the year 3000.
According to the Daily Mail, the report claims that after they reach their peak around the year, 3000 humans will begin to regress
These humans will be between six feet and seven feet tall and they will live up to 120 years.
“Physical features will be driven by indicators of health, youth and fertility that men and women have evolved to look for in potential mates,” says the report, which suggests that advances in cosmetic surgery and other body modifying techniques will effectively homogenise our appearance.
Men will have symmetrical facial features, deeper voices and bigger penises, according to Curry in a report commissioned for men’s satellite TV channel Bravo.
Women will all have glossy hair, smooth hairless skin, large eyes and pert breasts, according to Curry.
Racial differences will be a thing of the past as inter-breeding produces a single coffee-coloured skin tone.
The future for our descendants isn’t all long life, perfect bodies and chiselled features, however.
While humans will reach their peak in 1000 years’ time, 10,000 years later our reliance on technology will have begun to dramatically change our appearance.
Medicine will weaken our immune system and we will begin to appear more child-like.
Dr Curry said: “The report suggests that the future of man will be a story of the good, the bad and the ugly.
Dr Curry’s theory may strike a chord with readers who have read H G Wells’ classic novel The Time Machine, in particular his descriptions of the Eloi and the Morlock races.
In the 1895 book, the human race has evolved into two distinct species, the highly intelligent and wealthy Eloi and the frightening, animalistic Morlock who are destined to work underground to keep the Eloi happy. (ANI)
- Human race to split into elite and ugly species 11000 years hence - Nov 14, 2007
- Humans evolved from fish into two-legged species - Oct 07, 2011
- How chickens 'keep their cool' - Mar 16, 2011
- Deadly mice-borne virus spreads in US national park - Sep 02, 2012
- 'Sophisticated' cavemen 'had more in common with us than we like to think' - Mar 26, 2011
- Scientists track mercury poisoning risk from diets - Nov 21, 2011
- Will India's indigenous horses trot into sunset? - Mar 21, 2012
- Stone tools helped human hand evolve unique features - Mar 09, 2011
- 11,000-year-old human sub-species found in China - Mar 15, 2012
- Male monkeys ride fathers' reputation to success - Jul 11, 2012
- Brain wiring gave humans edge over chimps - Aug 23, 2012
- Two million year old skeletons discovered - Nov 18, 2011
- Rare bird thought extinct now declared alive - Sep 28, 2011
- Child's fossil could be missing link between man and ape - Apr 04, 2010
- 10 coral species may vanish within 50 years - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: 100 000 years, appearance medicine, classic novel, coloured skin, curry, distinct breeds, evolutionary, facial features, future of man, glossy hair, hairless skin, london school of economics, mail, perfect bodies, pert breasts, physical features, satellite tv channel, sexual selection, which suggests that, year 3000