Human cannonball dies as safety net collapsesApril 26th, 2011 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 26 (IANS) A human cannonball in Britain died in front of horrified onlookers as his safety net collapsed. He crashed head first on to the ground.
The stuntman, called Matt the Manx Crank, was fired 50 feet into the air, but slammed into the ground, The Sun reported Tuesday.
The 23-year-old lay motionless with blood pouring out of his mouth. He was taken to hospital where he died.
He had given a thumbs-up sign and waved to the 2,000-strong crowd before entering the barrel of the giant gun at Scott May’s Daredevil Stunt Shows in Detling, Kent.
The onlookers, including children, chanted “5-4-3-2-1″ and “Fire!”.
He was then launched into the air. But, as soon as he fell, the shocked announcer said: “Whoa - hang on, hang on. We need the St John Ambulance.”
Rob Hutchinson, an eyewitness, was quoted as saying that “he climbed out on top, climbed down into the tube, they gave this countdown then he came out of the tube”.
“He turned over and then you can see the net is flat on the floor, not up in the air, and he is coming down head-first towards the ground. I saw him hit the floor and bounce. It was like a dummy being thrown.”
- UK 'Human cannonball' man killed during 'Daredevil Stunt Show' - Apr 26, 2011
- Man killed when human cannonball stunt goes awry - Apr 26, 2011
- Stuntman Todd Green dies in a deadly stunt - Aug 23, 2011
- Man scales down high-rise building after lover's tiff - Apr 27, 2011
- German Stunt-Man Samuel Koch Injured While Performing Stunt For TV Show "Wetten, Dass?" - Dec 07, 2010
- WWE Smackdown: Preparing for TLC - Dec 11, 2010
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Fire in central Delhi building (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Man shot at for opposing girl's harassment - Dec 04, 2011
- San Francisco Tower Climber Arrested - Sep 08, 2010
- 10-year-old shot dead in celebratory firing in UP - Jul 17, 2012
- British sniper kills two Taliban with one bullet, reveals new book - Mar 15, 2011
- Bieber pulls out of TV appearance after stunt shock - Dec 06, 2010
- Blaze at IGI cargo terminal, offices gutted (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Work at Kudankulam quickens for first reactor - Apr 07, 2012