Hugo Chavez’s three-minute shower formula to conserve waterOctober 23rd, 2009 - 2:15 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 23 (ANI): In a bid to cope up with the water shortage in Venezuela, Hugo Chavez has advised his fellow countrymen to limit their daily baths to three minutes, saying they are “not in times of Jacuzzi,” a leading British daily has reported.
The Daily Mail quoted the Venezuelan Prez as saying during a televised cabinet meeting: “Some people sing in the shower, in the shower half an hour… No kids, three minutes is more than enough.
“I’ve counted, three minutes, and I don’t stink.”
He added: “If you are going to lie back, in the bath, with the soap and you turn on the what’s it called, the Jacuzzi … imagine that, what kind of communism is that? We’re not in times of Jacuzzi.”
Venezuela has suffered several serious blackouts in the past year because of rapidly growing demand and under-investment, which has been aggravated by a drop in water levels in hydroelectric dams that provide most of its energy, reports Fox News.
Chavez announced energy-saving measures and said he would create a ministry to deal with the electricity shortages, which have affected the image of his socialist revolution before legislative elections due in 2010. (ANI)
- Chavez asks Venezuelans to stop singing in the shower - Nov 29, 2009
- Chavez to launch re-election bid - Jun 07, 2012
- Chavez back in Cuba for cancer treatment - Mar 26, 2012
- Cuba releases photos of Chavez recuperating - Jul 04, 2011
- Ecuador may export electricity to Colombia, Venezuela - Feb 19, 2010
- Chavez recovering well, says Venezuelan official - Jun 27, 2011
- Venezuela freezes prices of 18 products - Nov 23, 2011
- Chavez in 'good health' after treatment - Jun 10, 2012
- Venezuelan president starts blogging - May 26, 2010
- Chavez's Party Loses It's Supermajority in Venezuela Elections - Sep 27, 2010
- Chavez vows to spend extra income from oil on social programmes - Apr 23, 2011
- Venezuela to spend oil income on social programmes (Lead) - Apr 23, 2011
- Cancer-hit Chavez to leave Cuba next week - Mar 09, 2012
- Venezuela's ruling party wins majority in election - Sep 27, 2010
- Venezuela provides $2 bn for fund with China - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: baths, blackouts, communism, daily mail, electricity shortages, fellow countrymen, fox news, half an hour, hugo chavez, hydroelectric dams, jacuzzi, legislative elections, measures, soap, socialist revolution, stink, three minutes, venezuela hugo chavez, water levels, water shortage