Huge drugs haul in Dhaka, two arrestedNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:54 am ICT by admin
Amin Huda and his close aide Ahsanul Haque Hasan were arrested at Huda’s Gulshan office with 130,000 Yaba tablets.
The elite force also suspects that Huda is one of the top barons of the drug business in Bangladesh.
The Rab also seized over 5,000 Yaba’s alternative drugs ice pills, ice pill preparing chemical, foreign liquor, phensidyle, over Tk 46 lakh and currencies of six other countries.
Illegal voice over internet protocol (VoIP) equipment estimated to be worth over Tk 5 crore was also seized from Manticor Technology Ltd office.
According to sources in Narcotics Control Department (NCD), Huda has been manufacturing Yaba tablets in Bangladesh since 1999-2000.
Rab Director General Hasan Mahmood Khandkar was quoted as saying that it is not yet possible to manufacture Yaba inside the country and the drugs are being smuggled into Bangladesh through different routes.
Though production of Yaba is banned round the globe, it is being reportedly manufactured illegally in Myanmar and Thailand. (ANI)
- 35,000 narcotic tablets seized in Bangladesh - Jan 31, 2012
- Satellite equipment seized in Bangladesh - Sep 28, 2011
- 63,000 narcotic tablets seized in Bangladesh - Dec 14, 2011
- 'Medicines containing narcotic drugs misused in South Asia' - Mar 02, 2011
- 160,000 illegal drug tablets seized in Guatemala - Feb 23, 2010
- Drugs worth Rs.1.8 crore seized - Aug 27, 2012
- 6,000 hectares of poppy destroyed in Myanmar - Mar 07, 2011
- Dismantle militant camps, BSF to urge Bangladesh counterparts - Dec 08, 2011
- 500,000 Captagon tablets seized in Dubai - Aug 07, 2012
- Contraband cough syrup seized from Delhi plane - Feb 24, 2010
- Massive amounts of drugs seized in Afghanistan - Sep 13, 2012
- India among top drugs hotspots: UN report (Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
- Bangladesh assures firm action against Indian insurgents - Dec 13, 2011
- Eight mn fake tablets detected in Pakistan - Sep 27, 2011
- Banned drug Yaba hits Lucknow party circuit - Aug 27, 2009
Tags: bangladesh, crore, drug business, drugs, elite force, gulshan, hasan, huda, lakh, mahmood, narcotics control, ncd, rab, technology ltd, thai word, tk, voice over internet, voice over internet protocol, voip equipment, yaba