Hu to attend Nuclear Security and BRICS summits, visit CambodiaMarch 19th, 2012 - 9:03 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 19 (IANS) Chinese President Hu Jintao will attend the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul from March 26 to 27, Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei announced Monday.
Hu will also attend the fourth BRICS Summit in New Delhi March 28 to 29 and pay a state visit to Cambodia from March 30 to April 2, Hong said, reported Xinhua.
Hu’s trips are being made at the invitation of South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Cambodia’s King Norodom Sihamoni, Hong said.
Hong said the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul will emphasize the promotion of international cooperation on nuclear security.
While attending the summit, Hu will elaborate on the efforts being made by China in the field of nuclear security, Hong added.
According to the spokesman, Hu will use his time at the BRICS Summit to exchange views with the leaders of BRICS nations on issues regarding economics, finance and development, as well as significant international issues of mutual concern.
The BRICS is an organization of emerging economies, grouping Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
Hong said Hu will use his visit to Cambodia to talk to Cambodian leaders about deepening relations between the two countries and promoting cooperation between China and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- Medvedev heads off for Seoul, Delhi - Mar 26, 2012
- China urges restraint on Korean Peninsula (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Chinese, South Korean presidents meet on ties - Mar 26, 2012
- Chinese, South Korean presidents meet in Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
- India to be friends with China, US: PM - Mar 24, 2012
- PM returns after Seoul visit - Mar 28, 2012
- Will continue to support Europe in crisis: China - Mar 21, 2012
- `Upcoming n-summit aims for world without nuclear weapons' - Mar 19, 2012
- PM departs for Seoul n-security summit (Lead) - Mar 24, 2012
- Oil, gas, mineral, exploration potential with Cambodia huge: Patil - Sep 18, 2010
- Russian, South Korean leaders meet in Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
- Booked for BRICS: busy Thursday for Manmohan - Mar 28, 2012
- Manmohan Singh leaves Wednesday for G20 Summit in Seoul - Nov 07, 2010
- Egyptian president to visit China - Aug 23, 2012
- 'India-South Korea defence relations won't impact China ties' - Mar 25, 2012
Tags: association of southeast asian nations, chinese president hu jintao, foreign ministry spokesman, hu jintao, india china, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, international cooperation, king norodom sihamoni, manmohan singh, mutual concern, norodom sihamoni, nuclear security, president hu jintao, president lee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, security summit, south korean president, southeast asian nations