Hu tells Sonia that China attaches great importance to its ties with IndiaNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:54 am ICT by admin
Hu also said that he still retained fresh memories of recent visit to India (November 2006) and the warm reception accorded to him by the Indian Government and the country’s people.
Gandhi arrived in China on Thursday, setting the stage for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to Beijing later this year or early next.
Hu and Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao met her and held a banquet in her honour.
Gandhi’s trip to China comes nearly 20 years after she accompanied her late husband, then Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, on a historic trip to the country.
Congress party spokesman Abishek Singhvi said before her departure that Gandhi would focus on a “holistic range of issues” including ways to foster closer bilateral economic and cultural ties, and closer contacts between the ruling parties of both countries.
While both countries enjoy a good relationship now, prior to Rajiv Gandhi’s visit to China in December 1988, the neighbours distrusted each other, a mistrust dating back to the 1962 war.
These days, Beijing and New Delhi are talking cooperation, and are locked in competition as Asia’s two fastest growing economies. (ANI)
- Merkel concludes China visit - Feb 04, 2012
- India, China accelerate diplomatic engagement amid simmering tension - Oct 23, 2010
- Castro's China visit to help speed up Cuban economy (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- No issue off the table during Wen's India visit, says China - Dec 14, 2010
- Chinese president meets Clinton - Sep 05, 2012
- Egyptian president to visit China - Aug 23, 2012
- Hu, Putin discuss bilateral cooperation, strategic tie-ups - Oct 12, 2011
- Patil lauds Premier Jiabao's constructive role in promoting Sino-Indian strategic ties - May 27, 2010
- Indian president to visit China next week - May 19, 2010
- Indian president arrives in China, to push for more trade (Second Lead) - May 26, 2010
- President Patil leaves for China to strengthen strategic partnership - May 26, 2010
- Indonesia, China reach $17 billion cooperation deals - Mar 24, 2012
- President Patil to be first Indian head of state to visit China in a decade - May 25, 2010
- Indian Navy ships in China next week, to expand strategic trust - Jun 07, 2012
- Ahmadinejad to attend Shanghai summit - Jun 03, 2012
Tags: abishek, attaches, beijing, congress party, good relationship, great hall, India, indian government, mistrust, national congress, neighbours, party spokesman, political leader, premier wen jiabao, prime minister manmohan singh, rajiv gandhi, ruling parties, ties, trip to china, warm reception