Hu Jintao reaffirms importance of China-US tiesMay 24th, 2010 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 24 (IANS) Chinese President Hu Jintao Monday reaffirmed the importance of developing China-US ties, saying that sound bilateral ties contribute to peace, stability and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region and the world.
“As permanent members of the UN Security Council, the largest developing country and the largest developed country, China and the US face common tasks and shoulder important responsibilities ranging from promoting sustainable growth of the world economy to managing regional hot-spots, meeting global challenges and safeguarding world peace and security,” Xinhua reported quoting Hu.
Addressing the opening ceremony of the second China-US strategic and economic dialogue here, he said the world is in the midst of major developments, changes and adjustments.
The trend toward a multi-polar world and economic globalisation is gathering momentum, he said, adding global issues are becoming more pronounced, and regional and international hot-spot issues keep cropping up.
“To further advance mankind’s noble cause of peace and development requires greater cooperation among people of all countries,” the president added.
“China attaches great importance to its relations with the US,” he said, adding that to develop a long-term, sound and steady bilateral relationship meets the shared desire of the two peoples and contributes to peace, stability and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region and beyond.
Stressing common tasks, President Hu said it is natural that the two countries may disagree on some issues due to different national conditions.
“What is important is to respect and accommodate each other’s core interests and major concerns, appropriately handle the sensitive issues and strengthen the foundation of mutual trust,” said Hu.
About 50 representatives from more than 40 departments of both countries participated in the dialogue that opened Monday in Beijing.
- China, US should forge for mutual trust: Hu Jintao - May 24, 2010
- China, US should promote peace in Asia-Pacific: Hu - May 03, 2012
- Important for China to communicate with US: Hu - Nov 13, 2011
- Chinese, US presidents meet on bilateral ties - Jun 20, 2012
- Clinton in Beijing for strategic, economic dialogue - May 02, 2012
- Chinese President Hu proposes four points to improve US relations - Jan 18, 2011
- US welcomes emerging India's role in Asia Pacific - Feb 03, 2011
- India backs trilateral dialogue with US, China - Feb 07, 2012
- Chinese President Hu urges U.S. Congress to facilitate bilateral relations - Jan 21, 2011
- Ties with China important, says US - Jan 19, 2012
- China seeks peaceful solution to differences with neighbours (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- China looking for common ground with US: President Hu - Jan 17, 2011
- China appreciates Obama's "positive remarks" on Sino-U.S. relations - Mar 30, 2010
- India to deepen engagement with Asia-Pacific region - Dec 07, 2011
- US, Chinese vice presidents discuss relations - Feb 08, 2012
Tags: asia pacific region, bilateral relationship, bilateral ties, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, common tasks, core interests, country china, developed country, economic dialogue, economic globalisation, further advance, global challenges, hu jintao, mutual trust, polar world, president hu jintao, sensitive issues, world economy, world peace