Hotel Made Of Garbage Built In SpainJanuary 23rd, 2011 - 9:08 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The “Beach Garbage Hotel” is indeed a new way to voice protest against the never ending stop to pollution. Yes if you are taken aback by the name of the hotel then you must know it that a German artist has made a hotel in Madrid completely out of garbage! The brand new hotel that has just opened up has been made by Ha Schult is the latest sensation in the Spanish capital going to seize every body’s attention.
The un-conventional hotel has been made out of the detritus that has been deposited by the tide of the beaches of Europe. Garbage that is found in the dumps and items that are bought at flea market have been brought to build this hotel. The hotel has recently been opened in Madrid. According to sources, the walls of the hotel have been adorned by plastic drums, musical instruments, wooden frames, striped sock, children’s books and tyres. Ha Schult who is credited for having built this unusual hotel says that his motif behind the act was to make people aware of the increasing pollution that is filling up the beaches of the world. People do not even think twice before dumping a waste in the sea or on the beaches as a result of the oceans have turned into a heap of trashes.
The hotel is a temporary guest house comprising of five-bedrooms located at the central Plaza de Callao. The “Beach Garbage Hotel” has been built as a part of the International Tourism Fair that is currently being hosted in Madrid. Reports claim that almost 40% of the objects that the hotel has were found on various beaches of UK, France, Italy, Spain and Germany.
- Rome gets hotel made largely out of trash! - Jun 07, 2010
- Garbage-free Bangalore by Monday, promise authorities - Sep 02, 2012
- Please save Goa from drugs and garbage: German Goaphile (Letter from Goa) - Jun 23, 2012
- Bihar acts to clean the Ganges - Aug 09, 2012
- BJP struggles as 'garden city' becomes 'garbage city' (Karnataka Newsletter) - Aug 31, 2012
- Mysore royal house unveils spring-summer collection - Mar 11, 2011
- Plastic pollution in sea reaches alarming levels - Jul 05, 2012
- Thousands of stone carvers helped create Mayawati's dream project - Oct 15, 2011
- Polluted Yamuna at Mathura scaring away pilgrims (Letter from Mathura) - Nov 22, 2010
- West UP farmers upbeat after monsoon rains - Sep 01, 2012
- Goa government cozying up to 5-star hotel lobby: Shack operators - Sep 17, 2012
- Man-made garbage turns space into comsic dump yard - Jul 22, 2010
- 'Giant flea fed on dinosaur blood like mosquitoes' - May 02, 2012
- Mexico City closes world's largest trash dump - Dec 20, 2011
- 44-year-old mystery resolved: Fleas jump from toes, not knees - Feb 11, 2011
Tags: conventional hotel, detritus, dey, dumps, flea market, german artist, guest house, heap, hotel in madrid, international tourism fair, madhuri, new hotel, plastic drums, plaza de callao, s books, spanish capital, striped sock, temporary guest, uk france, wooden frames