Hotel is first in Australia to offer women’s only floorMarch 21st, 2011 - 6:07 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 21 (ANI): A hotel in Australia has become the first to offer a women’s only floor.
Portal Hotel in Brisbane city has created the fifth floor especially for women, and no men are allowed.
The idea for the single-sex floor at the Portal came from owner Georgie Woods, and even the staff servicing the 11 rooms are all women.
“The decision to ban boys - from one floor at least - was based on demand within the market,” the Age quoted Woods as saying.
She said around 60 percent of women identify safety as their main concern when choosing travel accommodation.
“Security on our ladies only floor is paramount - but as we don’t have to worry about appealing to male guests, we’ve also had a lot of fun designing a feminine haven packed with girlie treats that only a female guest could truly appreciate,” she stated.
With more than 40 percent of business trips in Australia taken by women these days, no doubt many ladies would appreciate the extra security and girly touches that the Portal is offering.
There are fresh flowers next to the bed, a bowl of crisp green apples and a selection of tempting magazines (Madison, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar).
There are upgraded toiletries: there is a complimentary face pack (Yuva cleanser, mask and moisturiser) and another generous pack of MOR bathroom products to take home.
There is also a “pamper-bar”, similar to a minibar, where one can purchase face products, and if one has a hair emergency or wants a yoga mat, all the person has to do is ring reception.
The girl-power concept follows through to the “real” minibar, where there are products designed by women, such as Yealands Way Carbon Zero wine made by female winemaker Tamra Washington.
In the early evening there is a turn down service where comfy slippers are laid out and candles are lit, and for heightened security, the lift key is cut to only the female floor. (ANI)
- Women take more risks in company of other women - Nov 30, 2011
- 'Lord of the Rings' star Billy Boyd ties the knot - Dec 30, 2010
- Jamia Bazaar's second edition gets bigger, better - Feb 11, 2012
- Now learn about winemaking at Nashik vineyards - Feb 24, 2011
- New affordable range of Shahnaz Husain products - Jul 28, 2010
- David Arquette's late-night party with 'gorgeous, leggy Brit girl' - Nov 16, 2010
- Shanghai may get its first boys school - Mar 23, 2012
- Shanghai boys to learn how not to lose masculinity - Apr 24, 2012
- Brit Pub chain to get Sex And The City makeover to pull in 'Swags'! - Jan 30, 2010
- Expired cosmetics 'put women's health at risk' - Nov 12, 2010
- South Africa pushes its fruity presses in Indian wine mart (With Image) - Jun 07, 2012
- Dress modestly or for ease? China eves debate - Jul 13, 2012
- US forges connect with India through green crafts - Apr 21, 2012
- 'Real Housewives Of Orange County' Star Tamra Barney Headed For Divorce - Jan 11, 2010
- Jet Airways offers Women's Day discounts - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: bathroom products, brisbane city, business trips, comfy slippers, extra security, face pack, face products, fifth floor, fresh flowers, girl power, green apples, hotel in australia, hotel in brisbane, male guests, moisturiser, no men, single sex, travel accommodation, winemaker, yoga mat