Horror in Karachi: Torture cells, knives to cut limbsSeptember 9th, 2011 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 9 (IANS) Photographs of torture cells and a variety of knives to cut limbs of victims were part of a presentation that Interior Minister Rehman Malik made to the cabinet over the Karachi violence. The gory details stunned the ministers.
Karachi has witnessed a spurt of target killings in recent months. The government has vowed to end the violence that spiralled out of control.
Malik shared with his cabinet colleagues interviews of arrested killers and other evidence, including pictures of torture cells and weapons and statements of victims, reported Dawn.
Some were photographs that showed a variety of knives used to cut limbs of victims.
“Seeing all this one couldn’t believe his eyes that this is happening in the city of lights where dismembered corpses were shown strewn. It appeared as if we were watching the trailer of a horror movie,” a person who participated in the meeting was quoted as saying.
The killers, who have been arrested, claimed in their confessions that they had been specially assigned to eliminate people.
A killer recounted incidents when he had murdered people who refused to make payment to his party.
- 154 alleged target killers held for Karachi violence - Jul 22, 2011
- Navy commander among two killed in Karachi - Sep 01, 2011
- Four killed in Karachi violence - Jun 05, 2012
- Canadian gay porn star held in Germany for murder - Jun 04, 2012
- Israeli weapons used in Karachi unrest: Rehman Malik - Jul 18, 2011
- Two Pakistanis killed four women, sliced their bodies (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Nine bodies found on Mexican highway - Aug 21, 2011
- When two Pakistani ministers quarrelled - Aug 23, 2011
- Pakistan mourns Shahzad, killers roam free (Roundup) - Jun 01, 2011
- Rehman Malik to get PhD for peace in Karachi! - Oct 07, 2011
- Pakistani provincial minister quits - Nov 19, 2011
- `Hostile overseas elements hampering Karachi peace' - Oct 09, 2011
- Zardari pulls up Sindh minister - Aug 24, 2011
- Abducted Mexican journalist found dead (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- South African serial killer sentenced to life in prison for murdering 13 women - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: cabinet colleagues, cells, city of lights, confessions, corpses, dawn, gory details, horror movie, interior minister, karachi violence, killers, killings, knives, photographs, rehman, spurt, target, torture, weapons