Hong Kong tops Chinese competitive city listMay 21st, 2012 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 21 (IANS) Hong Kong has topped a list of the most competitive cities in China and its special territories.
The list - “Report on the Competitiveness of Chinese Cities in 2011″ - was compiled by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
Taipei, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Tianjin, Hangzhou, Qingdao and Changsha complete the top 10, Xinhua reported.
The report analysed the competitiveness of 294 cities in the mainland, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macao.
The factors included overall growth, size and effectiveness of the economy, development costs, industry levels and quality of life.
- Ten most attractive Chinese cities for foreigners - May 03, 2012
- Beijing, Shanghai costly cities for expats - Jul 16, 2011
- Chinese urban women contribute one-third to family income - Feb 29, 2012
- Hong Kong director declared best at Changchun film fest - Aug 26, 2012
- Over 230,000 foreigners worked in China in 2010 - May 24, 2011
- China's Huawei to buy Symantec stake - Nov 15, 2011
- SriLankan to fly daily to Beijing, Shanghai - Jul 08, 2012
- China is world's third most popular tourist destination - Apr 12, 2011
- 83 people on Hurun rich list have $1.5 trillion - Mar 06, 2012
- China, Taiwan witness over 300,000 cross-Strait marriages - Apr 28, 2010
- Former Chinese soccer chief goes on trial for graft - Apr 25, 2012
- Chinese official bought 37 homes with graft money - Oct 18, 2011
- China's rich spend $7 bn during spring holidays - Feb 02, 2012
- Apple pays $60 mn for iPad trademark in China - Jul 02, 2012
- Man attacking call girls held - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: academy of social sciences, beijing, chinese academy, chinese cities, cities in china, competitiveness, economy, guangzhou, hangzhou, hong kong, industry levels, mainland, qingdao, quality of life, shanghai, shenzhen, taipei, taiwan, tianjin, xinhua