Hong Kong stocks extend gainsJanuary 5th, 2009 - 4:37 pm ICT by IANS
Hong Kong, Jan 5 (DPA) Hong Kong stocks continued their positive start to 2009 Monday with a second day of gains, rising by almost 3.5 percent.The blue-chip Hang Seng Index climbed 520.5 points, or 3.46 percent, to close at 15,563.31. Turnover was 49.4 billion Hong Kong dollars ($6.37 billion).
Monday’s rise followed a 4.55-percent surge Friday, the first trading day of the year, representing the biggest one-day jump in share prices for more than one month.
The increasing share prices follow a rally on Wall Street Friday and were led by Hong Kong-listed China shares, particularly China Telecom which rose strongly on expectations of the issuance of 3G licences in China.
- Hong Kong stocks slide on China Mobile gloom - Dec 22, 2008
- Sensex closes 190 points as market consolidates (Roundup) - Oct 14, 2010
- Agricultural Bank of China on track for record IPO - Jul 08, 2010
- Sensex closes 283 points lower on profit booking (Roundup) - Feb 22, 2012
- Hong Kong shares open six percent lower after Wall Street losses - Nov 13, 2008
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex flat as traders take a breather after rally (Roundup) - Feb 16, 2012
- Sensex dips 257 points; Infosys, Wipro slump (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2012
- Sensex closes quiet as GDP numbers disappoint (Roundup) - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex plunges 546 points on profit booking (Lead) - Feb 24, 2011
- South Korean investment in foreign securities grows - May 30, 2012
- Sensex closes 169 points up, broader markets do better (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2011
- Weak global markets, Rupee pull Sensex 110 points down - Sep 26, 2011
- Markets bounce back, FII inflows help (Roundup) - Oct 21, 2010
- UN pension fund proposes higher investment in India - Feb 15, 2011