Honeymooning bride loses hubby in shark attackAugust 18th, 2011 - 12:20 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 17 (IANS) A newly-wedded British bride on her honeymoon was left in utter disbelief as she watched a shark killing her husband who was swimming in the sea.
The man, known as Ian Redmond, 30, from Nelson, Lancashire, was swimming in the idyllic seas off Anse Lazio beach on the island of Praslin in the Seychelles when he was attacked by the 6 foot beast, Daily Express reported.
Horrified holidaymakers along with the 27-year-old bride Gemma Houghton were left helpless as the man screamed for help.
Ian had been snorkelling only 20 yards from the beach while she was sunbathing.
One American tourist said he heard shrieking and saw people running to the water. Someone grabbed his bride to try to keep her away.
Chantal Andre, who works at a nearby restaurant, said: “I went to the hospital with the man’s wife and it was just awful.
“She wasn’t crying at all, she just couldn’t believe he was dead. I suppose she was in shock.”
Ian was pronounced dead at hospital as he lost massive amounts of blood. One of his legs was torn off and his arm was savaged.
- British man killed in fatal shark attack - Aug 17, 2011
- Now, take a 'naturist holiday' with 7-night naked cruise - Oct 15, 2010
- Russian molested at Goa beach, one held - Jan 10, 2011
- Two drown off Mumbai's Juhu beach - Aug 20, 2012
- Shark kills elderly German tourist of Egyptian resort - Dec 06, 2010
- Wills-Kat 'to have a low-profile honeymoon in Greece' - Apr 05, 2011
- Bride burnt as wedding car catches fire - Mar 07, 2011
- Royal couple go snorkelling in Seychelles - May 13, 2011
- Rock Street Journal editor drowns in Goa - Jan 05, 2012
- British tourists in Egypt enjoy despite ongoing protests - Feb 01, 2011
- Russian woman rescued from drowning in Goa - Jan 31, 2011
- Oz snorkeller grabs white shark's tail to save teenager - Oct 31, 2010
- Father dies saving son at sea - Apr 10, 2012
- Seven dead, 38 hurt in Japan accident - Apr 30, 2012
- Mamata to turn Digha sea resort into Goa - Jan 13, 2012
Tags: american tourist, beast, blood one, daily express, honeymoon, honeymooning, houghton, hubby, lancashire, legs, london, massive amounts, nearby restaurant, praslin, seychelles, shark attack, shock, utter disbelief