Honeymoon murder victim was worried, says her fatherJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 3 (IANS) The father of Indian-origin woman Anni Dewani, who was killed during her honeymoon in Cape Town, has now claimed she made a “worried” phone call to him hours before she was shot dead.Vinod Hindocha, 61, said his 28-year-old daughter rang from Cape Town to say: “Dad, I have so much to tell you.”
“She wasn’t herself. I know her tone of voice,” Hindocha was quoted as saying by The Sun.
He urged Anni’s British tycoon husband Shrien, 31, to return to South Africa and answer accusations that he arranged his newly-married wife’s murder.
Anni was found dead after the couple’s taxi was hijacked in November. Its driver has claimed Shrien, a resident of Bristol, paid him to hire hitmen.
Shrien has so far denied the claim and is fighting extradition to South Africa. His lawyers have also termed the charges as “ludicrous”.
- Anni Dewani case: Opposing psychiatrists are partners - Sep 02, 2012
- Indian honeymoon killer resists extradition to South Africa - Dec 14, 2011
- Anni Dewani's ashes immersed in Swedish lake - May 16, 2011
- German man says he had sex with honeymoon murder accused - Dec 15, 2010
- Murdered Indian-origin bride's family to retrace last hours of her life - Mar 02, 2011
- Anni Dewani's South African killer gets 25 years jail - Aug 08, 2012
- Indian woman's honeymoon murder: Police think hubby is gay - Jul 11, 2011
- Indian-origin man linked to another murder in South Africa - Dec 13, 2010
- Dewani murder case: Accused husband attempts suicide - Feb 22, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Shrien Dewani to be extradited to South Africa - Aug 10, 2011
- 'Indian-origin bride Anni 'wanted to tell something' before being murdered in SA' - Jan 02, 2011
- Man arrested for Indian-origin wife's murder - Dec 08, 2010
- Hubby's lawyers to say Indian-origin woman shot accidentally - Dec 19, 2010
- Husband plotted Indian woman's murder with text messages - Jul 12, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Indian origin accused held for violent outburst - Apr 12, 2011