Honda’s net profit plunges 95.6 percentJuly 29th, 2009 - 3:57 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, July 29 (DPA) Honda Motor Co saw its net profit plunge 95.6 percent to 7.56 billion yen ($80 million) in the April-to-June quarter because of a global decline in auto sales, the Japanese carmaker said Wednesday.
Although cost-cutting measures showed some positive effects in earnings results in Honda’s first quarter, Japan’s second-largest carmaker said production cuts and a stronger yen reduced operating profit in those three months.
Honda’s operating profit tumbled 88 percent to 25.16 billion yen, and sales fell 30.2 percent to 2 trillion yen from the same period a year earlier.
Despite the quarterly results, Honda raised its net-profit forecast for the full business year through March to 55 billion yen from 40 billion yen it had projected earlier.
The firm also expected an operating profit of 70 billion yen, up from 10 billion yen from an earlier forecast, thanks to cuts in administrative costs and other expenses.
But sales predictions were revised downward by 1.1 percent to 82.8 trillion yen.
- Honda Motor quarterly net profit surges - Jul 31, 2012
- Suzuki profits up for full year - May 10, 2010
- Honda's operating profit falls 56 percent - Oct 27, 2009
- Honda Japan's nine-month net profit plummets 71 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- Toyota predicts return to black this year despite recalls - Feb 04, 2010
- Japan's Panasonic projects wider loss for current fiscal - Feb 03, 2012
- Panasonic returns to profit in first quarter - Jul 29, 2010
- POSCO's operating profit drops in Q1 - Apr 20, 2012
- Samsung Electronics expects record operating profit - Jul 06, 2012
- Hyundai Motor posts operating profit - Jul 26, 2012
- Hyundai Motor posts $2 bn operating profit in Q1 - Apr 26, 2012
- Samsung Electronics posts operating profit - Jul 27, 2012
- Samsung Electronics posts $5 bn operating profit - Apr 27, 2012
- Sony announces $3.1 billion annual loss - May 27, 2011
- Samsung Electronics' operating profit grows 13 percent in Q3 - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,