Home draw postpones Inter Milan’s victory partyMay 12th, 2008 - 12:40 pm ICT by admin
Milan, May 12 (DPA) Inter Milan squandered a chance to win the Serie A title before their home crowd Sunday as Siena held them to a 2-2 draw while Roma beat Atalanta 2-1 and are now one point behind with a single game left. The race for a fourth available Champions League berth saw Fiorentina beat 3-1 a desperate Parma to leapfrog AC Milan, who lost 3-1 at Napoli and may have to settle for a place in the UEFA Cup.
Juventus remained third despite a 1-1 home draw against struggling Catania, while Cagliari are safe from relegation after their 2-0 win away to Udinese.
Reggina are also certain to avoid the three-team drop zone after beating 2-0 second-from-last Empoli, Livorno lost 1-0 at home to Torino and are relegated to the Serie B. In mid-table clashes, Sampdoria won 2-0 at Palermo and Lazio also won 2-0 away to Genoa.
- Juventus beat Inter Milan in Serie A - Mar 26, 2012
- Lazio beat 10-man Rome in Serie A derby - Mar 05, 2012
- Roma, AC Milan close in on leaders Inter Milan - Feb 22, 2010
- Napoli beat Novara to keep Champions League hopes alive - Apr 22, 2012
- Inter held by Atalanta at home - Mar 19, 2012
- Inter Milan held to draw by gritty Napoli - Feb 15, 2010
- Roma draw level with AC Milan in second place - Feb 01, 2010
- Mourinho keeps his cool after ban - Feb 25, 2010
- AC Milan back to top with win over Cesena - Feb 20, 2012
- Nine men enough for Inter Milan to dominate city derby - Jan 25, 2010
- Inter Milan move seven clear at top of Serie A - Nov 02, 2009
- Last chance for Juventus to stay on Inter Milan's heels - Dec 03, 2009
- Inter upset by Lecce as Milan win to chase Juventus - Jan 30, 2012
- Inzaghi sinks minnows Torino in Serie A - Apr 20, 2009
- Inter Milan go top through drubbing of Napoli - Sep 24, 2009
Tags: ac milan, beat 3, berth, cagliari, catania, champions league, clashes, dpa, drop zone, home crowd, inter milan, juventus, lazio, livorno, mid table, parma, reggina, relegation, uefa cup, victory party