Holocaust denier David Irving sets up site to sell Hitler’’s hair, bonesMarch 8th, 2009 - 4:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 8 (ANI): Controversial historian David Irving has set up a website selling Nazi memorabilia which he claims includes strands of Adolf Hitler’’s hair.
Irving, who was jailed in Austria for Holocaust denial, said that the online store is the only way he can make money after being declared bankrupt in 2002.
The site offers a walking stick used by the German dictator for 7,000 pounds and a christening present given by SS leader Heinrich Himmler to Luftwaffe commander Hermann Goering’’s daughter, which can be bought for 4,000 pounds.
Irving authenticates the goods, which are offered by other sellers, and makes profits from the site by taking a 15 per cent commission fee on all items sold.
The 70-year-old said that he is currently trying to confirm the authenticity of bones said to be from Hitler and his girlfriend Eva Braun.
Strands of the Fuhrer’’s hair are also expected to go on sale for 130,000 pounds.
However, Holocaust memorial and anti-Semitism groups have condemned the website.
Trading in Nazi goods a criminal offence in Germany, Austria, France and Poland but are not illegal in Britain.
“This Naz-eBay is extremely distasteful to the point of being sick, the Telegraph quoted Dr Shimon Samuels, a director of the Simon Wiesenthal Centre, which tracks down Nazi war criminals, as telling the Daily Mail.
“There’’s a market out there for Nazi memorabilia. If this is done to glorify Hitler, and I imagine it is, then it is unacceptable,” he added.
Irving is unapologetic about his activities and has said that there was is for authenticated Nazi memorabilia.
“I have a living to make and this is how I make my money. There are some very wealthy people, mainly in the US, and I know how much they will pay for these items,” he said. (ANI)
- Hitler once spared the life of a Jew - his ex-officer - Jul 06, 2012
- Former Hitler aide, 97, signed 'start order' for mass execution of Jews - Dec 09, 2010
- Unseen pic of Heinrich Himmler withdrawn just before auction - Mar 30, 2011
- British Legion's shameful visit to Hitler revealed after 75 years - Nov 01, 2010
- Was Hitler's secret flying saucer going to attack London & New York? - Nov 18, 2010
- Himmler''s Nazi hunting knife to go under the hammer - Oct 27, 2008
- Hitler was a great man, says Holocaust denier David Irving - Sep 28, 2010
- Germany to pay over 50 million pounds to preserve World War II death camp - Dec 18, 2010
- Hitler once worshipped as Vishnu in elite Kolkata homes: Historian - Jun 07, 2010
- Himmler's museum given an image makeover to highlight horrific Nazi atrocities - May 01, 2010
- Most wanted Nazi fugitive hiding in Germany - Jul 06, 2010
- 'Nazi princess' daughter of SS head still the heroine of shadowy Nazi group - Dec 02, 2010
- Hitler ordered creation of Nazi UFOs to destroy London, New York - Apr 26, 2011
- General Franco gave list of Spanish Jews to Nazis - Jun 21, 2010
- Hitler's signed autobiography to go on sale - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: adolf hitler, anti semitism, christening present, criminal offence, daily mail, ebay, eva braun, fuhrer, german dictator, heinrich himmler, hermann goering, historian david irving, holocaust denial, holocaust denier, holocaust memorial, luftwaffe commander, nazi memorabilia, nazi war criminals, simon wiesenthal centre, walking stick