Hollywood plans movie on US hunt for Osama bin LadenMay 3rd, 2011 - 11:25 am ICT by IANS
Washington, May 3 (IANS) Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden’s killing may move production datelines of a Hollywood movie about US operatives hunting for the world’s most wanted terrorist, Variety.com reported.
Osama bin Laden was killed by US forces in Pakistan’s Abbottabad town early Monday.
Hollywood’s Oscar-winning scriptwriter Mark Boal worked on his still untitled script about the US search for bin Laden since last year almost completing it, RIA Novosti reported.
The production of the movie with another Oscar-winner, Kathryn Bigelow, as the director was scheduled for the summer.
“Boal had been following the mission for quite some time, thanks to his access to military intelligence and his background as an investigative journalist. For him, the timing of bin Laden’s death could hardly be better… But the news comes late enough in the project’s evolution that it’ll maximize the movie’s timeliness,” Variety reported.
The scriptwriter and the director will now have to wait how the Arab world would react to the news on bin Laden’s death to start production and Boal already cancelled his trip to Afghanistan that he scheduled for the next week.
Boal and Bigelow worked together as the scriptwriter and director on “Hurt Locker” in 2008, a film about US military operations in Iraq. Last year the film was awarded six Oscars, including the Best Picture, Best Director and Best Original Screenplay awards.
- Osama's death may impact Bigelow's 'Kill Bin Laden' - May 02, 2011
- Osama's death inspires new Hollywood movies - May 15, 2011
- Chastain in talks for Osama movie? - Jan 06, 2012
- Osama filmmakers say it's a `nonpartisan' story - Aug 12, 2011
- Chandigarh becomes Osama's Abbottabad - for Hollywood film - Mar 01, 2012
- Probe sought into White House role in Osama movie - Aug 11, 2011
- Bigelow to direct film on Osama death? - Jan 16, 2012
- Bigelow's Osama film shooting gets hostile ride in Chandigarh - Mar 02, 2012
- Tom Hanks may star in Kathryn Bigeow's 'Sleeping Dogs' - Oct 08, 2010
- 'The Hurt Locker' big win at the Oscars - Mar 08, 2010
- Chandigarh unhappy over protests against Osama movie - Mar 05, 2012
- Hollywood abuzz with Osama films rewrites 'to reflect news of his death' - May 03, 2011
- Pakistani daily rues Osama film shoot disruption in India - Mar 05, 2012
- US lawmakers Bin Laden movie to be investigated - Aug 11, 2011
- Bin Laden died before US raid: Iranian intelligence minister - May 10, 2011
Tags: abbottabad, arab world, best director, datelines, early monday, investigative journalist, kathryn bigelow, mark boal, military intelligence, military operations, operatives, osama bin laden, oscar winner, oscars, qaeda leader, quite some time, ria novosti, screenplay awards, scriptwriter, time thanks