Holiday in Indian homes, new tourism venture for BritainJuly 30th, 2008 - 1:42 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 30 (IANS) An Indian tourism firm has launched here a new concept of holiday accommodation to allow tourists get a taste of the real India. Mahindra Holidays and Resorts will make the tourists stay in homes rather than hotels in select places all over India where they can gain an insight into the cultural traditions, history and everyday life of an Indian family.
Guests will also have the opportunity to enjoy authentic Indian food at its finest - home cooked with most hosts offering first hand cooking classes.
The concept, Mahindra Homestays, introduces a portfolio of over 50 unique family properties in stunning locations throughout India, starting with Delhi, Rajasthan and Kerala and Himachal Pradesh, all with a live on-line booking facility.
The properties are as diverse as the locations themselves, ranging from five unique homes in remote Spiti in the world’s highest village, Komic, to private tea plantations in Kerala.
The tourists will also have options to choose activities such as yoga, ayurvedic treatments and massage, backwater rafting in Kerala and exploring tiger trails in the Periyar Tiger Reserve, each giving guests an opportunity to experience the specific culture and beauty of the area.
Ramesh Ramanathan told tourism web site Easier: “All the host families of the Homestays have been personally met by our people before they being recommended.”
- With surplus rooms after Games, homestay tourism gets a boost - Nov 21, 2010
- Mahindra Holidays to add 1,000 holiday homes - May 15, 2009
- Pastoral holiday on agenda? Drop in at a Himachal village (IANS Travel, With Image) - Jul 04, 2010
- Mahindra Holidays to expand footprint in India and Sri Lanka - Aug 26, 2010
- Bekal is destination next in 'God's Own Country' - May 10, 2012
- Homestay high: Himachal expects 100,000 weekend tourists (With Image) - Aug 12, 2011
- Kerala Tourism tapping more domestic market - Sep 09, 2010
- Dharamsala plans 'home stay' for IPL fans - May 16, 2012
- Sup with tribals, explore wilderness - northeast beckons (With Images) - May 17, 2011
- Kerala to take ayurveda tourism to next level (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Tourists throng Himachal - to milk cows, pluck vegetables - Apr 21, 2011
- Warm home stays amid snow-clad Himachal mountains - Dec 22, 2009
- Houseboats become USP of tourist hotspot Kerala - Apr 17, 2010
- Hay festival aims to promote new Indian voices - Nov 04, 2010
- Kerala Tourism to hold first-ever road show in Saudi Arabia - May 04, 2012
Tags: authentic indian food, backwater, britain london, cooking classes, family guests, himachal pradesh, holiday accommodation, homestays, host families, indian tourism, komic, line booking facility, mahindra holidays, periyar tiger reserve, spiti, stunning locations, tea plantations, tiger trails, tourism web, unique family