Hog bites owner to death in HungaryAugust 9th, 2010 - 6:03 am ICT by IANS
Budapest, Aug 9 (IANS) A 35-year-old man was fatally bitten to death by a hog he was keeping as a pet in a southwestern Hungarian town.
The hog, a 150 kg Hungarian breed called mangalitsa, broke out of its enclosure in Zala county and as the owner attempted to force it back inside, the animal bit him on the thigh, severing an artery, Xinhua reported quoting local MTI news service.
The unnamed man bled to death before an ambulance could reach him.
A local veterinarian said the dead man had regularly demonstrated a high level of expertise when working with animals.
This particular hog, he said, had broken out of its pen on earlier occasions also.
- Man kills four in Hungary sword attack - Apr 07, 2012
- Sweeden's park where wolves killed Zookeeper now offers "wild encounters" to its visitors - Jun 19, 2012
- 286 kg marijuana found in vehicle in Hungary - Aug 26, 2012
- Kidnapped Hungarians released in Syria - Aug 26, 2012
- Pakistani hides inside car dashboard to enter Hungary - May 07, 2010
- Bolivian teen killed in piranha attack - Dec 07, 2011
- 'Hungarian president didn't plagarise thesis' - Jan 12, 2012
- UAE warns against selling diseased animals - Feb 12, 2011
- Dalai Lama expresses hope of return to Tibet - Sep 21, 2010
- Wolves kill zoo keeper at Swedish zoo - Jun 18, 2012
- Woman stabs boyfriend for calling her lesbian - Aug 01, 2010
- Man kills puppy with hammer - May 04, 2012
- Dogs take part in frisbee championships in Budapest - Jun 18, 2012
- Rising deer population a headache for Delhi Zoo - Dec 30, 2010
- Man bitten by pet snake, dies - Aug 06, 2010