Hitler’s Berlin bunker: unseen pictures revealedMay 5th, 2010 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 5 (ANI): After more than six decades since the end of Adolf Hitler’s regime in a Berlin bunker, many unpublished photographs of the underground lair have been revealed to the public.
These pictures, published by mirror.co.uk, capture the incredible drama of the Second World War’s final act, when Russian shells bombed the city to rubble.
While one picture shows the command centre after it had been burned by retreating German troops and then looted by Russians, another is that of American journalists examining the bloodstained sofa where Hitler shot himself after Braun took poison.
Life magazine’s William Vandivert took these photographs. (ANI)
- Photo of Adolf Hitler's lover Eva Braun dressed as black man emerges - Mar 11, 2011
- Hitler's base up for rent - Jan 19, 2012
- Hitler had son with French teen - Feb 18, 2012
- Unseen pics reveal Hitler's colourful side - Sep 25, 2010
- Hitler 'poisoned himself with cyanide' - May 08, 2010
- FBI believed Hitler 'faked his own death with a bogus suicide' in 1945 - Apr 10, 2011
- Hitler's Berlin bunker carpet found in Yorkshire museum - Feb 02, 2010
- A Bollywood first - film about Hitler and Nazi Germany - Jun 08, 2010
- Hitler's Viagra made from semen, young bulls - Feb 06, 2010
- Hitler's bullet-punctured skull is actually a woman's, claim US researchers - Sep 28, 2009
- A Bollywood first - film about Hitler and Nazi Germany (Lead) - Jun 08, 2010
- Hitler's last surviving bodyguard stops replying to fan mail - Jan 28, 2011
- Bollywood's Hitler biopic with Indian twist - Jun 09, 2010
- A neo-Nazi shrine made from the ruins of Hitler's luxury retreat - Apr 02, 2010
- 'Dear Uncle Adolf': documentary details fan letters sent to Hitler - Apr 26, 2010
Tags: adolf hitler, american journalists, berlin bunker, braun, final act, german troops, london, mirror, poison, regime, rubble, russians, second world war, shells, six decades, sofa, underground lair, unpublished photographs