Hitler was a great man, says Holocaust denier David IrvingSeptember 28th, 2010 - 1:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 28 (ANI): On his shocking tour of former Nazi death camps in Poland, controversial British historian David Irving praised Adolf Hitler as ‘a great man’ and his Gestapo as ‘fabulous policeman’.
Irving said Hitler was not ‘immoral’ but was let down by lesser people in the Nazi regime, according to an undercover report by Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.
‘Hitler could be very cruel but he was not immoral. He was just surrounded by “little” people,’ the paper said Irving told those on a 1,500 pounds-a-head tour he has been hosting.
Irving, who was once jailed in Austria for denying the Holocaust, also told tourists that the German dictator should be compared to Hannibal, the leader of Carthage that fought against and who almost overpowered Rome.
‘He was like Hannibal. He held the military forces of the rest of the world for six years. Exactly like Hannibal, but nobody has never denied the greatness of Hannibal,” the Daily Mail quoted the historian as saying.
‘Hitler was a great man, one of the greatest Europeans for centuries.’
‘The Gestapo were fabulous policemen. They sent 300,000 to Auschwitz and 800,000 to Treblinka,’ he added.
His comments will be studied closely by Polish authorities and are sure to infuriate Holocaust survivors. (ANI)
- Hitler once spared the life of a Jew - his ex-officer - Jul 06, 2012
- UK tour firm slammed for $3100 Adolf Hitler tour - Jan 10, 2011
- Hitler stole Beetle idea from Jewish engineer: Book - Jan 16, 2012
- Former Hitler aide, 97, signed 'start order' for mass execution of Jews - Dec 09, 2010
- Hitler's exhibition in Berlin extended due to throngs of visitors - Jan 07, 2011
- Clooney's next about stolen artwork - Jan 10, 2012
- Drug bust at Berlusconi company - Nov 08, 2011
- Most wanted Nazi fugitive hiding in Germany - Jul 06, 2010
- Hollywood legend Errol Flynn worked as Nazi spy, met Hitler, claims biography - Jul 11, 2009
- Hitler's heroic exploits in World War I 'were a Nazi propaganda myth' - Mar 14, 2011
- Hitler appointed me as his biographer, says Brit historian David Irving - Jan 16, 2009
- 'Five-star jails' used for Hitler's 'special' prisoners of war, reveals tell-all - Mar 19, 2011
- Bin Laden news comes on anniversary after 'Mission Accomplished" - May 02, 2011
- 'Dear Uncle Adolf': documentary details fan letters sent to Hitler - Apr 26, 2010
- Israeli pageant crowns Miss Holocaust Survivor - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: adolf hitler, auschwitz, british historian david irving, daily mail, denying the holocaust, german dictator, gestapo, great man, greatness, hannibal, historian david irving, holocaust, holocaust denier, holocaust survivors, italian newspaper corriere della sera, military forces, nazi death camps, nazi regime, policemen, polish authorities