Hindustan Latex launches product in PeruOctober 24th, 2008 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 24 (IANS) The city-based Hindustan Latex Ltd (HLL), premier manufacturer of contraceptives and various healthcare products, has launched its once-a-week oral contraceptive pill in Peru earlier this week, a company official said here Friday. This user-friendly pill is being marketed in Peru under the brand name ‘Ivyfemme’, which in Spanish denotes ‘friendship flower’.
HLL’s chairman and managing director M. Ayyappan handed over the first pack of ‘Ivyfemme’ to Sri Luis Castallo, managing director of Interamericas, the distributors for this product in Peru, in the presence of Andrea Luna, brand ambassador Ivyfemme in the South American country.
Ayyappan returned here Friday from Peru.
A spokesperson said HLL - which already exports to over 70 countries - would begin marketing the pill and other contraceptive products in other countries in the region in the coming months.
“Talks have begun in Brazil and we expect to close the deal soon,” he said.
Centchroman, the drug used in Ivyfemme, is the world’s first non-steroidal oral contraceptive pill with proven success rate and reduced side effects. HLL has a state of the art manufacturing facility for bulk production of Centchroman at its plant at Kanagala near Belgaum in Karnataka.
This once-a-week pill marketed under the brand name of Saheli in India, with the famed cine actress Sridevi as its brand ambassador, has emerged as one of the most preferred choice for women here since its launch in 1991, the company claimed.
- Condom maker HLL setting up vaccine project - Jan 15, 2010
- HLL Lifecare launches herbal products - Dec 22, 2011
- Campaign launched for shy condom buyers - Jul 11, 2011
- After condoms, HLL Life Care now turns to sanitary napkins - Nov 07, 2011
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- HLL launching affordable diagnostic kits - Aug 07, 2012
- HLL Lifecare opens one-stop medical outlet in Kerala - Sep 30, 2011
- Moods among top three condom brands in UAE - Jan 06, 2011
- Female condom yet to gain acceptability - Sep 11, 2012
- Female condom fails to gain popularity - Jul 03, 2012
- HLL ties up with IGNOU for healthcare education - Nov 12, 2011
- HLL Life Care ends fiscal 2009-10 with record turnover - Apr 21, 2010
- HLL Lifecare expects 40 percent growth in 2008-09 - Mar 09, 2009
- HLL Lifecare turns to overseas markets - Oct 11, 2009
- Counting beads - a new family planning way for women! - Dec 05, 2011