Hindus urged on Ramnavmi to seek ideal characteristics exhibited by Lord RamApril 6th, 2011 - 4:38 pm ICT by ANI
Nevada (US), April 6 (ANI): Hindu statesman Rajan Zed has urged Hindus world over to take a vow on upcoming Ramnavmi to aspire to emulate ideal characteristics of an individual as displayed by “maryada purshottam” Lord Ram.
Rajan Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, sending Ramnavmi greetings to one billion Hindus of the world in a release today, wished that it brought joy, happiness, blessings and cheer to all.
Ramnavmi, which falls on April 12 this year, celebrates the birth of Lord Ram, 7th avatar (incarnation) of Lord Vishnu. Celebrations, lasting 1-9 days, include bhajan-kirtan-arti, readings from Ramayan and Ramcharitmanas, prasad distribution, processions, worship, decoration of temples, havan, offerings of fruits and flowers, fasting followed by feasting, etc. In India, Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh), Bhadrachalam (Andhra Pradesh) and Rameshwaram (Tamil Nadu) mark special events.
Hinduism is oldest and third largest religion of the world and moksh (liberation) is its ultimate goal. (ANI)
- Hindus express concern about "Ramayana-The Epic" film - Oct 16, 2010
- Mumbai celebrates Ram Navami with devotion - Apr 01, 2012
- Hindus worldwide urged to help needy on Mahashivratri - Feb 19, 2011
- Hindus concerned about DreamWorks' 'Monkeys of Bollywood' - Jan 13, 2011
- South Brunswick School District in USA declares Diwali as holiday - Dec 29, 2010
- Hindus want Diwali as holiday in West Windsor-Plainsboro School District in New Jersey - Apr 30, 2011
- Prestigious Catholic school in New York showcases Diwali - Jan 29, 2011
- Trinidad-Tobago to build one-of-a-kind Lakshmi-Narayan Hindu Temple - Dec 09, 2010
- Hindus greet Jains on Mahavir Jayanti - Apr 15, 2011
- Hindus greet Chaplin's grandson for undergoing traditional Hindu wedding in India - Feb 20, 2011
- Zed urges Hindus to take Vasant Panchami vow to help a needy child in education - Jan 31, 2011
- Hindus to celebrate Holi & light bonfire at England beach - Mar 02, 2011
- Sending Janmashtami greetings, Zed appeals Hindus worldwide for "selfless service" - Aug 12, 2010
- Hindus want Diwali as school holiday in Cambridge - Dec 26, 2010
- Masonic Hall transformed into Hindu Temple in England - Apr 22, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh, ayodhya, bhadrachalam, blessings, cheer, hindu statesman, hinduism, hindus, incarnation, lord ram, lord vishnu, one billion, rajan zed, ramayan, rameshwaram, ramnavmi, tamil nadu, universal society, uttar pradesh, vow