Hindus greet Jains on Mahavir JayantiApril 15th, 2011 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Nevada (US), April 15 (ANI): Hindus have sent greetings to Jain communities worldwide for the upcoming Mahavir Jayanti, which falls on April 16.
Distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a release in Nevada (USA) today, expressed warmest greetings on behalf of Hindu community on auspicious day of Mahavir Jayanti, wishing that it brought joy, happiness, blessings and cheer to all.
Rajan Zed, who is the President of Universal Society of Hinduism, stressed that all religions should work together for a just and peaceful world. Dialogue would bring us mutual enrichment, he added.
Mahavir Jayanti, celebrating the birth of Lord Mahavir, 24th tirthankar who established central tenets of Jainism, is the major religious day for Jains. It includes prayers, temples decoration, abhishek, processions, offerings to poor, lectures, meditations, temple visits, etc.
Jainism, an ancient religion which emphasizes non-violence and which derives its name from jinas (spiritual victors), aims at liberating the soul by freeing it from accumulated karma. Hinduism, oldest and third largest religion of the world, has about one billion adherents and moksh (liberation) is its ultimate goal. (ANI)
- Hindus greet Jains on Paryushana - Sep 01, 2010
- Hindus greet Buddhists on Magha Puja - Feb 13, 2011
- Hindus send greetings to Buddhists on Vesakha - Apr 28, 2011
- Hindus send greetings to Jews on Purim - Mar 08, 2011
- Hindus greet Buddhists on Bodhi Day - Dec 05, 2010
- Hindus greet Buddhists on Asalha Puja - Jul 17, 2010
- Sending Ganesh-Chaturthi greetings, Zed urges Hindus undertake deeper study of scriptures - Aug 16, 2010
- Maharashtra celebrates Mahavir Jayanti - Apr 05, 2012
- Hindus greet Buddhists on Vesakha - May 24, 2010
- Hindus greet Jews on Yom Kippur - Sep 07, 2010
- Hindus greet Jews on Hanukkah - Nov 27, 2010
- Hindus greet Baha'is on Ridvan - Apr 29, 2011
- Hindus greet Baha'is and others on Naw-Ruz - Mar 11, 2011
- Hindus send greetings to Christians on Easter - Apr 20, 2011
- Hindus send greetings to Christians on Lent - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: adherents, ancient religion, auspicious day, central tenets, hindu community, hindu statesman, hinduism, hindus, jainism, lord mahavir, mahavir jayanti, meditations, mutual enrichment, nevada usa, one billion, peaceful world, rajan zed, temple visits, universal society, usa today