Hindus ask Hollywood star Mike Myers for public apology on “The Love Guru” issueAugust 5th, 2008 - 7:09 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Aug.5 (ANI): Hindus have asked Mike Myers, Hollywood actor and producer, for a public apology for lampooning Hinduism with his recent movie “The Love Guru”.
Acclaimed Hindu leader Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, said that although the apology may not completely undo the damage done to the community, but it might help heal the wounds somewhat of apparently disturbed Hindu populace of the world, who number around one billion.
Zed, who is the president of Universal Society of Hinduism, further said that ksama (forgiveness) is one of the main virtues of Hindu ethics. If Myers offers genuine public apology, Hindus would not only absolve him but might also pray for his success in future movies, if asked.
Meanwhile, various other organizations, including Hindu Alliance of India, Hindu Janjagruti Samiti, Shri Ramayan Pracharini Sabha, Sanatan Sanstha, India Heritage Panel, have also demanded public apology from Mike Myers.
Rajan Zed has launched the protest movement against “The Love Guru” since March, saying that it appeared to be lampooning Hinduism and Hindus and using Hindu terms frivolously.
Michael John Myers of Austin Powers fame, a British Canadian, who is the lead actor, co-writer and co-producer of “The Love Guru”, plays Guru Pitka in this movie. (ANI)
- Hindus, who protested "Love Guru", congratulate Mike Myers on marriage - Mar 07, 2011
- Hindus, who protested Love Guru, wish Mike Myers good luck on Austin Powers 4 - Apr 30, 2010
- Mike Myers offered chance to redeem himself by Hindu religious leaders - Feb 27, 2009
- Hindus ask Hollywood star Natalie Portman for “public apology” for participation in a denigrating video - Oct 03, 2008
- Hindus express concern about "Ramayana-The Epic" film - Oct 16, 2010
- Christians-Buddhists-Jews support Hindus upset over depiction of Lord Ganesh as sex act - Jan 31, 2011
- Catholics back Hindus protesting over mockery of Lord Ganesh by Carrey on NBC - Feb 05, 2011
- Hindus urge Mike Myers to withdraw "Love Guru" from exhibition in India - Mar 14, 2009
- Hindus in US urge world film distributors to halt screening of The Love Guru - May 01, 2008
- Hindus concerned about DreamWorks' 'Monkeys of Bollywood' - Jan 13, 2011
- America's top civil rights group backs Hindus upset with NBC over Lord Ganesh mockery - Feb 07, 2011
- Hindus urge Canadian film organisations to not screen "The Love Guru" - May 16, 2008
- Hindu groups not happy with "The Love Guru" rating given by Singapore Censors - Jul 04, 2008
- Sony agrees to review Hindus' withdrawal demand of Hanuman video game - Apr 29, 2009
- Hindus urge India Censor Board to halt Hollywood movie The Love Guru - May 11, 2008
Tags: hindu ethics, hindu leader, hinduism, hindus, hollywood actor, hollywood star, india heritage, india hindu, john myers, mike myers, nevada usa, pitka, protest movement, public apology, rajan zed, ramayan, sabha, sanatan sanstha, universal society, usa today