Hindu outfit behind Malegaon blast?October 23rd, 2008 - 10:02 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 23 (IANS) The Hindu Jagran Manch, a Hindu group, is suspected to be involved in the Sep 29 bomb blast in the communally sensitive Maharashtra town of Malegaon, sources in the Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) said Thursday.While ATS officers were not willing to comment on record, sources close to investigation said the motorcycle in which the bomb was kept belonged to a man named Padma Singh, who has taken the name of Sadhvi Purna Chetananand and is working for a spiritual organisation in Indore in Madhya Pradesh.
Padma Singh earlier used to be an activist of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), the students’ wing of the Bharatiya Janata party (BJP), and is presently associated with the Hindu Jagran Manch, an outfit of Sanatan Sabha, an obscure organisation based in Panvel near Mumbai.
The Sanatan Sabha was allegedly involved in three low-intensity bomb blasts in Thane, Vashi and Panvel near Mumbai earlier this year and the ATS is all set to file a charge sheet against its key members in the blasts, the sources added.
While ABVP’s state unit general secretary Shrirang Kulkarni, Sanatan Sabha spokesperson Abhay Vartak and BJP state unit president Nitin Gadkari were quick to deny the “mischievous and highly motivated allegations”, state ATS chief Hemant Karkare was not available for comment.
- Two convicted for 2008 Thane blasts, four let off - Aug 29, 2011
- 10 years jail for 2008 Thane blasts convicts - Aug 30, 2011
- Three members of Hindu group nabbed for Malegaon, Modasa blasts (Lead) - Oct 24, 2008
- No hand in Goa blast: Sanatan Sanstha - Oct 19, 2009
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- Court verdict on 2008 blasts Aug 8 (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Digvijay now targets Advani, BJP seeks apology from Congress - Dec 12, 2010
- Special team to probe Goa blast (Lead) - Oct 18, 2009
- Goa police form special team to probe Margao blast - Oct 18, 2009
- 11 Malegaon blast accused to be charged under MCOCA (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- BJP, Shiv Sena slam Digvijay Singh over controversial remarks on Karkare - Dec 12, 2010
- Digvijay Singh sparks new storm with Karkare remark (Roundup) - Dec 11, 2010
- Digvijay's remarks on Karkare unfortunate, says BJP - Dec 11, 2010
- Hindu group Sanatan Sanstha to challenge any ban - Sep 13, 2011
- ATS chief Hemant Karkare disclosed his life was under threat, claims Digvijay Singh - Dec 11, 2010