Himmlers Nazi death ring goes under the hammerOctober 14th, 2008 - 4:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 14 (ANI): A death ring awarded by SS leader Heinrich Himmler is among dozens of Nazi memorabilia items that have been put up for auction.
Among the other Third Reich items on sale are a war ensign and a range of swords and daggers.
Jonathan Humbert, the managing director of J P Humbert Auctioneers in Northamptonshire, said that they had received “an influx of Nazi items” after German Second World War objects uncovered during a council house clearance were sold at a recent auction.
Items including a Nazi officer’’s cap sold for a total of 2,600 pounds.
“We have had a very large 5ft by 10ft Nazi war ensign and five or six fabulous Nazi swords and daggers,” the Telegraph quoted him, as saying.
“It’’s good enough to have any items, but we”ve also got a death ring which has Himmler’’s name on it and the date of the Night of the Long Knives,” he added.
Himmler helped orchestrate the Nazi purge of the SA 1934, and went on to co-ordinate the killing of millions of Jews during the Holocaust.
He issued honour rings, also known as death’’s head rings, to his most loyal and valiant officers.
30 Flintlock pistols and 30 swords dating from the 18th century were other military items that are up for sale at the auction.
The items will go under the hammer at the auctioneers” Towcester office on Oct 24, in a four-day sale. (ANI)
- Sinister images of Hitler training as SS officer up for grabs - Nov 29, 2010
- Nazi memorabilia fetches PS90k in London auction - Oct 28, 2008
- Unseen pic of Heinrich Himmler withdrawn just before auction - Mar 30, 2011
- Hitler once spared the life of a Jew - his ex-officer - Jul 06, 2012
- Heinrich Himmler was duped into believing sand could be turned into gold - Jul 20, 2010
- Former Hitler aide, 97, signed 'start order' for mass execution of Jews - Dec 09, 2010
- Himmler's museum given an image makeover to highlight horrific Nazi atrocities - May 01, 2010
- Himmler took cyanide to commit suicide - Aug 02, 2010
- Himmler''s Nazi hunting knife to go under the hammer - Oct 27, 2008
- Germany to pay over 50 million pounds to preserve World War II death camp - Dec 18, 2010
- Nazi medical tools to be auctioned - Feb 08, 2012
- British corporal's diaries claim he saw Nazi general Himmler die - Aug 02, 2010
- General Franco gave list of Spanish Jews to Nazis - Jun 21, 2010
- 'Nazi princess' daughter of SS head still the heroine of shadowy Nazi group - Dec 02, 2010
- Plaques stolen from war memorials up for sale! - Nov 06, 2011
Tags: 18th century, auction items, auctioneers, council house, death ring, flintlock pistols, heinrich himmler, humbert, influx, jews during the holocaust, nazi death, nazi memorabilia, nazi officer, nazi war, night of the long knives, northamptonshire, purge, second world war, third reich, war ensign