Hillary Clinton’s muse is Eleanor RooseveltNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:20 am ICT by admin
“So occasionally, I’ll be sitting somewhere and I’ll be listening to someone perhaps not saying the kindest things about me. And I’ll look down at my hand and I’ll sort of pinch my skin to make sure it still has the requisite thickness I know Eleanor Roosevelt expects me to have,” the New York Daily News quoted her, as saying.
The speech at the luncheon of the Eleanor Roosevelt Legacy Fund, which raises money for Democratic women running for office in New York, was part of a series of events this week aimed at boosting Clinton’s standing among female voters. Polls show women are already among her strongest supporters.
Earlier, the New York senator appeared on ABC’s “The View,” where she said women in public life are still subjected to a lot more criticism than men.
“I think there still is probably a tougher standard for women, especially running for president,” Clinton said. (ANI)
- This is my last government job: Hillary Clinton - Dec 04, 2010
- After Dickens, spy Chapman now quotes Eleanor Roosevelt on Facebook - Jul 17, 2010
- Chastain wants time to focus on personal life - Aug 06, 2012
- Tea Party darling Christine O'Donnell says 'I'm not a witch' in first ad - Oct 06, 2010
- Clinton won't stay on even if Obama gets second term - Mar 17, 2011
- Sharapova happy with 2012 - Sep 08, 2012
- Clinton ready to step off `high wire' of politics (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- US lauds India's role in eradicating polio - Aug 28, 2012
- Proud Chelsea Clinton honours mom Hillary for being 'an inspiration' - Mar 13, 2011
- First US woman vice presidential candidate dead (Lead) - Mar 27, 2011
- 'The Queen' Helen Mirren to 'skip' royal wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Hillary cites Mamata meeting among 'remarkable experiences' in India - May 11, 2012
- Palin fires back at Fox's 'Family Guy' depicting son's Down Syndrome - Feb 17, 2010
- Kelly Osbourne's grey hair inspired by 'The Golden Girls' - Apr 13, 2012
- Fergie accredits thick skin, good therapist to 'Woman of the Year' success - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: abc, democratic women, eleanor roosevelt, female voters, hillary clinton, legacy fund, luncheon, muse, new york daily news, political activists, polls show, president clinton, rhinoceros, york daily news, york senator