Hillary Clinton wins Nevada Democratic primaryJanuary 20th, 2008 - 1:51 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Jan 20 (ANI): Senator Hillary Clinton on Saturday won the Nevada Democratic primary by defeating Senator Barrack Obama.
I guess this is how the West was won, this is an extraordinary success. We will all be united in November, Hillary told hundreds of her supporters.
Were looking really good, The New York Times quoted Hillary, as saying.
I find it somewhat strange, actually, that theres such a reaction when this was a very effective campaign to reach as many as people as possible, she added.
Hillary is likely to take the momentum of her successive victories in New Hampshire and Nevada into South Carolina primary where voting will be held on Saturday.
Third Democratic candidate John Edwards, was polled just four per cent in Nevada.
We came from over 25 points behind to win more national convention delegates than Hillary Clinton, said Obama, adding, because we performed well all across the state, including rural areas where Democrats have traditionally struggled.
According to a poll conducted by Edison and Mitofsky, Hillary had received half of the women voters, half of white voters and almost two-thirds of Hispanic voters. Over three-quarters of black voters supported Obama.
On the Republican side of the presidential race, Mitt Romney of Massachusetts easily won his partys caucuses in Nevada, with 51 percent of the vote. (ANI)
- Romney coasts to second victory in a row - Feb 05, 2012
- Gingrich wins key Republican primary in South Carolina - Jan 22, 2012
- Romney gains presidential momentum with twin wins - Feb 29, 2012
- Latino voters sticking with Obama, Democrats: Poll - Dec 29, 2011
- Obama leads Romney in poll - Feb 07, 2012
- Romney pads up lead as Santorum wins Kansas - Mar 11, 2012
- Romney scores decisive win in Illinois primary - Mar 21, 2012
- Romney thumps Gingrich, regains momentum - Feb 01, 2012
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Santorum wins Louisiana to slow down Romney - Mar 25, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney pulls ahead, but Ohio still hangs in balance (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Crucial primaries await Republican front-runners - Feb 28, 2012
- Obama announces 2012 re-election bid - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: barrack obama, caucuses, convention delegates, democratic candidate, edison, hillary clinton, hispanic voters, john edwards, mitofsky, momentum, new york times, presidential race, republican side, romney, rural areas, senator barrack obama, senator hillary clinton, three quarters, two thirds, women voters