Hillary Clinton topples Condoleezza Rice as ‘most travelled’ US diplomat in first 2-yrs in officeFebruary 8th, 2011 - 6:43 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 8 (ANI): Hillary Clinton has bagged the title of the ‘most travelled’ US Secretary of State during the first two years in office in terms of days, surpassing her predecessor, Condoleezza Rice’s record by two days.
While Clinton logged 165 travel days over 40 trips by the end of January, her two-year anniversary in office, Rice had tallied 163 travel days over 39 trips. She is now the most-travelled top US diplomat for the first two years in office, the Christian Science Monitor reports.
Clinton recently concluded her trips to Brazil, Haiti, and a six-day, 16,500-mile tour through the Persian Gulf.
Rice, however, still holds the travel crown by some measures.
While State Department archives have shown that Rice had travelled 489,102 miles in 2005 and 2006, her first two years on the job, for a total of 1,026 travel hours, Clinton’s official State Department web page shows that as of Monday, after her return from Munich on Sunday, she has logged 465,426 miles and 1,010 travel hours on the job so far, the paper said.
Clinton also still has to match the pace of Rice in order to compete with her total travel figures. Over four years, George W. Bush’s top diplomat logged 2,252 travel hours on 86 trips to 85 countries, it added. (ANI)
- (VM) Toshiba to expand elevator business in India - Feb 19, 2012
- Bihar procures 16 lakh tonnes of paddy - Mar 16, 2012
- Women in India love to travel for work: Survey - Jul 07, 2011
- Clinton chooses Taj hotels again - May 07, 2012
- Can maternal attachment erase TV's negative impact? - Oct 13, 2011
- Clinton wraps up Myanmar visit - Dec 02, 2011
- Hillary meets trafficking victims, visits Victorial Memorial (Roundup) - May 06, 2012
- President's last foreign trip: 12 days in Africa - Apr 09, 2012
- Clinton's visit: India, US to discuss Afghanistan, Iran, n-deal (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- In Goa, it's time to sponsor pilgrimages - Jan 18, 2012
- Clinton's India visit: Afghanistan, Iran, n-deal on agenda - May 04, 2012
- US to open consulates in Brazil - Apr 10, 2012
- Kolkata fortified for Hillary visit - May 06, 2012
- Bihar buys six crore gunny bags - Feb 14, 2012
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi's profits up - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: 163, christian science monitor, condoleezza rice, department archives, department web, diplomat, george w bush, haiti, hillary clinton, measures, munich, office rice, pace, persian gulf, predecessor, secretary of state, state department, travel days, travel hours, year anniversary