Hillary Clinton holds discussions with Egyptian military chiefJuly 15th, 2012 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
Cairo, July 15 (IANS) US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Sunday held talks with the head of Egypt’s Supreme Council of the Armed Forces (SCAF), Field Marshal Hussein Tantawi.
She arrived in Cairo Saturday on a two-day visit and is so far the top US official to have visited Egypt since Mohamed Morsi assumed the presidency June 30, Xinhua reported.
During Sunday’s meeting between Clinton and Tantawi, the latest developments in Egypt and the region as well as ways to boost bilateral relations were discussed.
Some SCAF members and US ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson were also present on this occasion.
Clinton also met some prominent Egyptian Christian figures in the American embassy headquarter in Cairo.
On Saturday, Clinton had held talks with President Morsi to boost bilateral relations. They also discussed Egypt’s transition process to democracy and ways to boost bilateral relations, in addition to regional issues such as the Syrian crisis and the peace process.
- Clinton, Morsi discuss US-Egypt relations - Jul 15, 2012
- Obama invites Egyptian president to visit US - Jul 09, 2012
- Muslim Brotherhood's Morsi wins Egyptian presidency (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Top military dismissals are in Egypt's interests: Morsi (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Egypt president orders defence minister to retire - Aug 13, 2012
- Krishna heads to Egypt, Syria on agenda - Mar 02, 2012
- Krishna meets top Egyptian leaders - Mar 04, 2012
- Egypt's ruling military council chief meets president hopefuls - Nov 27, 2011
- No foreigners at Egypt president's inauguration - Jun 29, 2012
- Iranian, Egyptian presidents discuss NAM objectives, region - Aug 30, 2012
- Emergency re-imposed due to Egypt's security situation: Tantawi - Oct 03, 2011
- Egyptian president to visit China - Aug 23, 2012
- Egypt protests continue despite authorities' concessions - Nov 23, 2011
- Cairo calling: Krishna to head to post-revolution Egypt - Feb 27, 2012
- One year on, Egyptians back at Tahrir Square (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
Tags: ambassador, american embassy, anne patterson, armed forces, bilateral relations, cairo, democracy, egypt, field marshal, hillary clinton, military chief, mohamed, peace process, presidency, regional issues, secretary of state, supreme council, transition, us secretary of state, xinhua