Hillary Clinton designer finds Palins wardrobe spending strangeOctober 23rd, 2008 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Oct 23 (ANI): Hillary Clintons pantsuits designer thinks that it would be unusual for a candidate as famous as Sarah Palin to need to buy clothes.
Republican National Committee has spent up to 150,000 dollars on the vice Presidential nominees wardrobe and makeup, since she became John McCains running mate.
However, one of the most famous political fashion designers of the year, Susanna Chung Forest, says that she finds the spending strange.
Why do you need to pay for it? CBS News quoted Forest, as saying.
Its an honour, you are going to design for someone who could be the president of the United States, she added.
The McCain-Palin campaign issued a statement shortly after the expenditure report appeared online.
With all of the important issues facing the country right now, its remarkable that we are spending time talking about pantsuits and blouses. It was always the intent that the clothing go to a charitable purpose after the campaign, said spokesperson Tracey Schmitt. (ANI)
- Palin's fashion needs cost party $150,000 last month - Oct 23, 2008
- Palin slammed for using her autobiography for "petty and pathetic" score-settling - Nov 14, 2009
- HBO releases 1st picture of Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin - Apr 28, 2011
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in new movie 'Game Change' - Apr 28, 2011
- Was Sarah Palin added to John McCain's 'short list' for gender balance? - Mar 13, 2011
- McCain fails to name Palin in GOP star list - Apr 15, 2009
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Sarah Palin and John McCain spent $52,000 on make-up over 6 weeks! - Oct 25, 2008
- Meghan McCain Writes On 'Dirty Sexy Politics' - Sep 01, 2010
- Julianne Moore to portray Sarah Palin in a movie - Mar 10, 2011
- McCain smells leftist conspiracy in row over Palin's visor - Dec 21, 2009
- Julianne Moore to play Sarah Palin - Mar 10, 2011
- McCain says he 'enjoyed' reading Palin book - Nov 23, 2009
- 67 percent Americans doubt Palin's presidential qualifications, finds poll - Oct 31, 2010
- Sarah Palin accused of being a 'paranoid' woman - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: blouses, cbs news, charitable purpose, expenditure report, fashion designers, hillary clinton, hillary clintons, honour, john mccains, makeup, mccain, pantsuits, president of the united states, presidential nominees, republican national committee, running mate, sarah palin, spending time, spokesperson, wardrobe