High alert in PakistanNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:23 am ICT by admin
In Karachi, several gunshots were heard from different neighbourhoods, where Pakistan Peoples Party has considerable support.
Most of the areas have been out of reach for the common people and troops in large number thronged the streets of all the major cities, and were seen deployed on both sides of the major roads.
Barricades have come out in large number of streets and very few number of vehicular traffic was soon on the roads.
Meanwhile, alert has also been sounded along the India-Pakistan border, and India is constantly monitoring the swift changing situation in its nuclear neighbourhood. (ANI)
- Kashmir Valley under curfew, restrictions - Jul 05, 2010
- Passenger plane crashes into Pakistani neighborhood, casualties feared - Apr 20, 2012
- Eight suicide bombers in Islamabad: Rehman Malik - Jan 27, 2012
- Media carnival greets Zardari - Apr 08, 2012
- 46 killed in Karachi violence after politician's murder (Second Lead) - Aug 03, 2010
- Puttaparthi placed under police siege - Apr 21, 2011
- Karachi -Pakistan's lifeline or City of Death - Jan 31, 2011
- India's tech city logs out for Mumbai final (Lead) - Apr 02, 2011
- Non-stop celebrations at Mamata's house (Second Lead) - May 14, 2011
- Four killed in Pakistan bomb blast (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Delhi Police relieved as Zardari leaves - Apr 08, 2012
- 17 killed in clashes at Yemen's interior ministry - Aug 01, 2012
- NATO tanker blast kills 15 in Pakistan - May 21, 2011
- Pakistan's 'deep state' will remain abiding challenge for India (Comment) - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: barricades, common people, constantly, deployed, gunshots, india pakistan, islamabad, karachi, neighbourhood, pakistan border, pakistan peoples party, paramilitary forces, security forces, supreme court, swift, vehicular traffic