High alert declared in KarachiNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:29 am ICT by admin
Traffic was thin on the roads of Karachi on Friday, as a majority of the people decided to remain indoors.
Meanwhile, the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) has announced three days’ of countrywide mourning for the over 130 killed and 600 wounded.
During the mourning period, party flag at all PPP offices in Pakistan would be at half-mast. Black flags too will be hoisted, The News reported.
Government sources have described it as a suicide attack. The Pakistan Interior Ministry has confirmed 70 deaths in the incident. (ANI)
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Zardari vows to be guarantor of Pakistan's better future - Dec 26, 2010
- South Africa declares week of mourning - Aug 20, 2012
- PPP will honour Salmaan Taseer's memory by continuing his mission: Bilawal Bhutto - Jan 07, 2011
- China mourns mudslide victims with half-mast flags - Aug 15, 2010
- Benazir's assassins behind Karachi target killings: PPP - Oct 20, 2010
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Three-day mourning in Kenya after chopper crash - Jun 11, 2012
- Rahul, Bilawal have much to share - Apr 07, 2012
- China mourns quake victims - Apr 21, 2010
- Nigerian embassies open condolence registers - Jun 06, 2012
- PPP to observe Benazir's 58th birthday Tuesday - Jun 20, 2011
- Musharraf the 'murderer' of Benazir Bhutto: PPP Secy Gen - Oct 06, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh's three-day mourning for Arjun Singh (Lead) - Mar 05, 2011
Tags: black flags, colleges, countrywide, government sources, half mast, hospitals, interior ministry, jinnah, karachi, medical emergency, mourning period, pakistan peoples party, party flag, ppp, remain closed, suicide attack