Hidden Easter egg sees the light of the day - after 70 years!March 9th, 2008 - 1:15 pm ICT by admin
London, Mar 9 (ANI): An unopened Easter egg has finally seen the light of the day after 74 years in an attic.
The egg was found by Moir Taylor, 61, for her cousin, John Henry.
The chocolate was still in its original wrapping.
“It was bought as a present for my cousin, John Henry, who died just 13 months after his mother, Lilian, when he was only 22 months old, The Sun quoted her, as saying.
It was a gift to him just before we lost him - a few days before Easter 1934, she added.
Taylor is now trying hard to keep it away from her grandchildren, Jamie-Lee, 11, and Kyle, nine, who she thinks would love to get their hands on it.
“It’s such a shame that it has been locked away in an attic for so long. It belongs in a museum,” she said. (ANI)
- Easter egg prices soar, but fervour spreads in Goa - Apr 23, 2011
- Easter with largest egg weighing over a ton - Apr 15, 2012
- Happy Easter, says B-town - Apr 08, 2012
- Prince William avoids Royals for lunch with Kate Middleton's family - Apr 25, 2011
- Swift donates 2.5 mn pounds - May 18, 2012
- Meet the 17yr-old girl who drinks a vodka bottle daily - May 07, 2009
- Bunnies, birds and other Easter egg makeovers! (With Images) - Apr 23, 2011
- Prayers, elaborate feasts mark Easter in Delhi - Apr 04, 2010
- Witherspoon gears up for messy Easter - Apr 24, 2011
- Capital celebrates Easter with fun, fervour - Apr 24, 2011
- British mother, son jailed over dogs' deaths - Feb 24, 2012
- Indian-American DJ Rekha to join White House Easter Egg Roll - Apr 20, 2011
- Kim Richards Checked Into Rehab By Her Family? - Jan 21, 2011
- Robert Pattinson tastes 'chocolate-y'! - Apr 03, 2010
- "Top Shot" Season 2 Set To Premiere - Feb 06, 2011