Here’s how Obama’s pooch can cause havoc in his Oval Office!April 16th, 2009 - 12:55 pm ICT by ANI
New York, April 16 (ANI): Besides dealing with world problems, US President Barack Obama now has more reasons to lose sleep over, which include how to keep the First Dog from wrecking his Oval Office.
The First Family recently let Bo, a six-month-old Portuguese water dog, paw into their home and lives.
The first-time dog owners had been ecstatic with the new family member but the playful mutt could prove to be quite a handful than the Obamas had originally imagined for local breeders have warned about a few things.
While the idea of having clean White House bathrooms could just go for a toss, leaving important documents around was also a big no.
Pulling doors open, shredding paper and turning on water faucets may also be few other things on the First Dog’s mind, reports the New York Daily News.
Now, the breeders and owners have prepared a list of both Do’s and Don’ts to keep in mind while raising Portuguese water dogs, some which are as follows.
Leave things on the counter - Patricia Joaquin of Clearwater Kennel in Levittown, L.I, warned Portuguese water dogs (PWD) loved to jump on counters, saying: “It’s called counter surfing. You walk in the kitchen, and the meat has been removed from your sandwich.”
Forget to brush up - Joaquin insisted upon the necessity to groom the hounds, adding: “Like human hair, it keeps growing and growing, and if you don’t brush it out, it mats up.”
Be prepared - Breeder Lisa Wiley of Turnabout Portuguese Water Dogs said: “They go to the bathroom with you. They want to play with you” while Joaquin added: “They are lap dogs, even if they are 35 pounds. They stick to you.”
Bear in mind they are watchdogs - Wiley cautioned: “With people walking in and out, you’re likely to have a dog bite someone. A lot of people think that just because [PWDs] are cute, they won’t protect - they can.” (ANI)
- Here's everything you wanted to know about Obamas' pooch! - Apr 13, 2009
- Woman Returns Dog As Its Color Clashed With Her Curtains - Jan 31, 2011
- Over 400 dogs participate in Ludhiana's dog show - Nov 29, 2010
- Dos and Don'ts during monsoon (To go with - With Monsoon health guide: Rainproof your lifestyle with right diet) - Jul 16, 2012
- Westminster Dog Show 2010 Held Recently - Feb 16, 2010
- `Dog Whisperer' says he has always chased his dreams - Jan 31, 2012
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Copper nanowires could pave way for foldable iPad - Jun 02, 2010
- Taylor Swift goes green - Feb 15, 2012
- Over 300 dogs participate in Amritsar show - Dec 20, 2010
- Three New Dog Breeds Added To AKC Registry - Jun 30, 2010
- "Leonberger" Dog And "Cane Corso" Joins AKC Family - Jun 30, 2010
- Hostel for pooches in Bihar to ease dog owners' worries - Nov 13, 2009
- Perry says all is fine with Brand - Jul 18, 2011
- Hitler dog advert cleared as 'not offensive' - Mar 25, 2010
Tags: barack obama, dog bite, dog owners, dog paw, family member, havoc, hounds, human hair, lap dogs, levittown, mutt, new york daily news, oval office, pooch, portuguese water dog, portuguese water dogs, turnabout, watchdogs, wiley, york daily news